• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2013 Camaro detail tips?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013 Camaro detail tips?!

Next week I may possibly be detailing a 2013 Camaro RS. The paint color is Rally Yellow. She just wants a thorough cleaning done, clay bar treatment and wax; along with Meguiars natural shine on the interior and vac. Having never done a detail on a yellow vehicle before I was wondering if anyone has and tips or product suggestions for me. All suggestions will be appreciated.

Yello isnt too bad if its sunny wear sunglasses! Also a 2013 you may not have to dress the interior as camaro plastics are usually pretty glossy from the factory if its not bad id just damp rag it and save some time and product
    Even the best cars look like junk when they are not clean

Comment

Re: 2013 Camaro detail tips?!

I did one, a cheepy detail, clay and spray I call them.
      the vinyl stripes are hard to get clean/perfect.
      Bumble Bee Camaro, 2010, Express Detail

DetailingByM.com

Comment

For a nice shine and durability Meg's UPW for a nice warm glow and depth Meg's 26. 26 will not last long on a car parked outside.

http://www.meticulous-detail.com/
        "The Prep makes the Pop, not what's on Top"

Comment

1. Car wash-Gold Class Car wash, megs hot tims all wheel and tire cleaner
          1.5-Body solvent or Mineral spirits to remove any road tar from the car's paint, remove all traces of the mineral spirits before proceeding to claying
          2. Clay
          3. ColorX or Cleaner Wax
          4. a.) Ultimate Wax Paste applies more like a tradional wax, liquid is more of a wipe-on, wipe-off product.
          b.) NXT 2.0-Not as durable as Ultimate, but it does work well with bright colors. Ultimate Wax does have an edge in terms of crispness of reflections and durability.
          -Optional-A coat of M26, although Ultimate Wax's shine has its own appeal and the additional "protection" from M26 may be to minimal to make it really worth the extra time and effort. But give it a shot, see for youself.

5. Gold Class High endurance tire gel

Comment

It doesnt have any of the black stripes and itll be a quick job, i also have 2 bottles of nxt left so i will probabaly go with that and top it with gold class caranuaba spray after.
            Also, ive never heard if using mineral spirits before claying.

Comment

Originally posted by Boomer0227 View Post
              It doesnt have any of the black stripes and itll be a quick job, i also have 2 bottles of nxt left so i will probabaly go with that and top it with gold class caranuaba spray after.
              Also, ive never heard if using mineral spirits before claying.
              It's just me, but in my experience, it would be better to remove any tar (especially really heavy ones) before claying. Although I find clay works well for many contaminants, even tar, I prefer not to rely too much on clay for those jobs. The mineral spirits I refering to are the tar removers, even kerosene.

Comment

Or something dedicated like TarX, TRIX, etc for tar removal.
                2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Nope, it won't be enough. Tar, contaminants and swirls won't be removed by a damp rag. Really won't make any real difference.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');