• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Remove Rain-X and hard water spots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remove Rain-X and hard water spots

I made the mistake of applying Rain-X 2-in-1 (http://www.amazon.com/Rain-X-5071268.../dp/B000NWJJLG) on my car windshield and windows. Whenever I turn on the windshield wipers during rain, it causes streaks and the visibility is bad. Also, the wiper blades are chattering over the glass. It's not a problem with wiper blades. When driving in the rain at night, the visibility is extremely bad.
    Also, there are tough hard water spots in the car windows, side mirrors and windshield. I tried the vinegar/water solution but, it didn't help.
    Can someone recommend me a solution to remove the Rain-X and hard water spots?

Re: Remove Rain-X and hard water spots

Get a product called Bon Ami. It is a scouring powder that doesn't scratch. It is (or was) recommended by BMW for cleaning outside car windows. Wet windshield sprinkle on, scrub with sponge, then rinse. It will take off any type of film, oils, bugs, etc. You will probably find some good uses around the house for it when you are finished. http://www.amazon.com/Bon-04030-Clea...ywords=bon+ami

Comment

Another product to try: No-Touch brand "Auto Glas Cleaner." The stuff is a bit messy to use, but it DOES remove Rain-X. Look for it at most auto parts stores.

Bill

Comment

Rubbing alchohal will remove the Rain X.
        And Rain X isnt the problem it's the filth that is on you glass.
        I've used Rain X for decades with no problem on a million different cars.
        You really need to clean your glass. I don't know about Bon Ami. But what ever you use don't scratch the glass.
        Megs has a new water spot remover so I'd start with that.

DetailingByM.com

Comment

"STRIFE" aka Phil
          2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe (IP/ aka White) the Toy
          2011 Subaru Impreza (SWP/ aka White) the DD
          2017 Subaru Forester (CWP/ aka White) Wifey's

Comment

Some Ult. Compound is also good if you have it. Claying is also a good idea.
            2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');