• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Glass Roof

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glass Roof

Hello,

I'm thinking about buying the Hyundai i30 premium model which features a fully glasses roof, as in the entire roof is glass. How would I go about protecting it? I detailed a friends car and it had a small Sun roof that was etched with water marks! I can't imagine how bad it would look if the entire root was etched with them. Should I wax it? Should I just apply some rain-x on it? Any help would be great.

Re: Glass Roof

You would be able to wax it... many people (myself included) have waxed their windows.
    Originally posted by Blueline
    I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Oh ok good, I thought wax might have left a slight haze.

Comment

Pretty much, yes. The key would be in maintaining it and not letting it go too long after it does get rained on or hit by sprinklers.

If it does happen, claying can often remove fresh water spots, and if that doesn't work, there are some more aggressive methods as well.

Comment

Yeah I used some ultimate compound on my friends car to get the water marks off, came out great.

Comment

I would make sure to get rid of any water marks first, if any and then protect with a sealant and regular shots of UQW/D156.
            I also plan on using my new SM speedy prep towel on my car's moon roofs regularly as well....looking to buy a regular grade speedy towel just for my vehicles glass surfaces
            "STRIFE" aka Phil
            2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe (IP/ aka White) the Toy
            2011 Subaru Impreza (SWP/ aka White) the DD
            2017 Subaru Forester (CWP/ aka White) Wifey's

Comment

My whole roof is glass also, its a 2008 & there aren't any water spots that wont come out just by washing it

Comment

Rain X would be my choice but D156 will work too

DetailingByM.com

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');