• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Power of APC+ Combined with Steam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Power of APC+ Combined with Steam

I know that interior detailing isn't nearly as cool and sexy as the paint cleaning, correcting and polishing that we all love so much, but I wanted to give a shout out to APC+ as it doesn't get near the attention it deserves; this product is truly amazing and works on so many things. I had a job today that really put it to the test and to be honest, I thought that this mess might go beyond the limits of this cleaner. This first picture is the back seat of the Toyota Highlander that I "got to work on today" (oh how I love kids that aren't controlled)

And after using APC+ at 4:1, my steam cleaner, and a little elbow grease:

The steam cleaner did help with a lot of the tough grease spots and gum that was trampled into the carpet fibers, but none of it would have been possible without APC+ Truly a great product.
    Dynamic Detailing

Website | Instagram | Facebook

Re: The Power of APC+ Combined with Steam

Nice job! What steam cleaner did you use? My method is to vacuum, then APC+ and brush, then power wash, then extract with the Bissell Auto-Proheat.

http://www.meticulous-detail.com/
    "The Prep makes the Pop, not what's on Top"

Comment

Great results.

Right now I am using 3D Carpet Shampoo. For nasty floormats like that I scrub them with hot water & the shampoo, pressure wash, then let them dry in the sun.
      Nick
      Tucker's Detailing Services
      815-954-0773
      2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Yeah, pressure washing and drying in the sun only works about two months out of the year up here in Seattle, so I have to use steam to help reduce the overall moisture left in the mats and carpets.

When faced with mats like this I'll first vacuum, then spray with APC+ at 4:1 and scrub them real good. Then I use my Vapor Clean TR5 Pro steam cleaner and scrub with steam, and finally use some older microfibers to pull out as much left over dirt and moisture as possible. Figured the system out a few years ago and it works really well for me. Thanks for the compliments guys, but APC really does the work, and this car used up almost a whole bottle of the stuff!!
        Dynamic Detailing

Website | Instagram | Facebook

Comment

A trick that I have used after pressure washing floor is to use the laundry washing machine spin cycle. After pressure washing the mats I use my shop vac to extract as water as possible. After that I put the floor mat in the washing machine CARPET SIDE OUT and only run the spin cycle. This gets out a lot of water.
          "What's the first rule when entering a man's car?"

"Respect a man's car, a man respects you."
          Transporter 2

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');