• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hard/Soft Paint Finish?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hard/Soft Paint Finish?

I saw a reply to a post which stated that the paint finish was soft. Other then soft and I am guessing that hard is another option, is there any other classifications? I have a 2009 Nissan Cube in Caribbean Blue Pearl Metallic. What is my cars finish classification? Thanks

Re: Hard/Soft Paint Finish?

No one can tell you this over the internet. Have to get out and work on it and find out.

Comment

Let the paint tell you

DetailingByM.com

Comment

Trying to answer this and I'm hitting a writers block...a soft paint is one that will finish down very easy. At the same time it will be just as easy to scratch, mar, etc.

Whereas a hard paint is more difficult to finish down, but also less prone to marring and such.

There really is no definitive answer which or what cars have soft or hard paints. Even within the same manufacturer the hardness factor can and will change from model to model, year to year.

Does any of this make sense to ya? Hope so...

Bill

Comment

You have to see for yourself by trying out certain paint cleaners or more aggressive cleaner waxes on your car when the day comes that your car develops those unsightly swirls or imperfections.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');