• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unexplained water marks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unexplained water marks

I have a 2010 Ford Escape bought from A Ford dealer about a year ago so it was slightly used. After the first wash I noticed on one of the passenger doors had some water marks. The kind of marks left from drying with a wet towel. So I grabbed my QD to try and remove them....no luck. 2, I resorted to UC by hand no luck. 3 get out the g110 w\w8006 and UC no luck. 4 try stepping up to w7006 pad on g110 no luck. It almost seems as though they have been cleared over as it is very reflective and smooth as glass. Any suggestions would be great as I am semi new to detailing other than by hand and do not own a rotary only the g110.

Re: Unexplained water marks

Any chance of a pic?
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Comment

Sorry I could not do this yesterday. If u look at the upper right half of the pic you see the water marks I was referring to. This was the best I could do the reflection was making the camera angry.

Comment

Sometimes a DA just doesn't have the power to "grind" threw the minerals that have bonded to your paint. So things I've tried are Vinegar, CLR, (Acid or a rotary polisher, but theses are advance methods.)
          Just noticed your in Orange. I'll be up there tomorrow. I could come by and take a look at this for you. Pm your adress if you'd like that.

DetailingByM.com

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');