• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tips for washing/drying large trucks and SUVs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tips for washing/drying large trucks and SUVs

I have a hummer h2 , I can't even reach the middle of the hood or front windshield without climbing on the front tire which isn't the easiest task with wet feet and hands.

Ive been using a wash brush on the roof and hood and glass but I really don't think that's a good idea.

Any tips ? Hand mit on a stick?? Mf towels on a stick? I'm all about flow and getting things done.

Its like being in a 5k race and having to stop and tie your shoe 4 times

Re: Tips for washing/drying large trucks and SUVs

One thing that may help is to watch for the Werner Work Platform at Lowes or Home Depot. Every so often it goes on sale, but is hard to find. Even full price isnt too terrible.

Maybe some grip tape added to the surface.

I guess you could shove a sponge into a mitt, and a stick into the sponge... something of a tur-duc-hen way of washing...
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Re: Tips for washing/drying large trucks and SUVs

you need a step ladder with 3 step so you can get high.
      And I suggest going with Meg's waterless wash
      You wash, dry and wax all in one step, all in the same spot so you'll only have to go around your truck once. What's easyer then that?

DetailingByM.com

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');