• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ultimate Wax safe on my car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultimate Wax safe on my car?

I just purchased liquid Ultimate Wax to put on my wife's white, 2012 Chevy Malibu. I noticed on the container that it says, "For glossy paint finishes only-Do not use on flat, matte, or satin finishes."

I'm no "paint guy", so how do I know what kind of paint is on the car? It is reflective, does that mean it is glossy?

Thanks!

Re: Ultimate Wax safe on my car?

Perfectly safe. You will love it, put on a small amount, just so you can barely see it.

Comment

Do not use on flat, satin or matte isn't really a waring. It's not recommended because you won't get any benefit when using on those types of surfaces. And yes, basically Glossy paint finish means shiny amd reflective. Applying ultimate wax or most waxes on glossy surface will enhance the shine and reflectivity of the paint. That's why it's no good applying it on flat finishes, you won't get any benefits in doing so.

Comment

Great, thanks for clearing that up for me.

Comment

Remember to apply it thin, real thin. You should only be able to barely see it. To guarantee problem free usage.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');