• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Black S2000...need help on DA pad/product/settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black S2000...need help on DA pad/product/settings

Hey everyone. Good to be back as the weather gets nicer. A QUICK background. My detail last year consisted of a Meguiars G110v2, Ultimate Polish (LOVE it), a GREEN LC CCS pad, and on Speed 4. It proved to be the best compromise for defect removal and gloss without having to follow it up with a finer polish before the LSP. A more aggressive pad or higher speed left a hazy finish.

Anyway, I'm looking for a little more correction and have a question about Menzerna PO85RD Micro Polish I just picked up after hearing good things. If I use a slightly more aggressive pad with the UP on the same or higher speed for better defect removal, will the PO85RD on a polishing/finishing pad remove the hazing left by the UP and give me some gloss and clarity? Thanks, guys!

Re: Black S2000...need help on DA pad/product/settings

Many Honda owners really like M205 Ultra Finishing Polish on their vehicles.

Menzerna's PO85RD (new name SF 4500) is a finishing polish/ super gloss enhancer with minimum cut ability. It uses diminishing abrasives so make sure you run the whole buffing cycle to reach maximum gloss. It will clear light/ medium hazing left by cleaner/ polish like UP or M205.

Comment

Re: Black S2000...need help on DA pad/product/settings

Thanks for the reply, Greg. I'm also Greg haha. I haven't had much luck with 205 to be honest. It dusts on me like crazy. I've tried everything to remedy that but it just hasn't worked. UP has been great for me. Doesn't cut as much as the 205 but the lack of dusting and extra polishing oils finish out the Honda paint really well. Thanks for the tip for the Menzerna. I'll make sure I prolong the buffing cycle and see how that turns out.

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');