• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many coats of #7 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many coats of #7 ?

I'm going to try M07 this weekend. Never used it before. I'll put it under GC carnauba. Probably three coats.

How many coats of M07 should use? Is one enough or would adding more add additional gloss?

I prefer the carnauba look. I already have two coats of ULW from last weekend. The surface is still in great shape.

Re: How many coats of #7 ?

Just 1.

You would only try using more if you had some sort of really old/neglected/single stage paint, or something like that.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Just one. Then add your favorite wax.
      Practice doesn't make perfect, the dedication to achieve perfection makes perfect. "Smack"
      2011 Jet Black 328i Touring
      2007 Jet Black 335i Sedan

Comment

One -- any more and you won't get any actually bonding to the paint and you'll likely just wipe it right up into the towel.

Comment

I have to say I like M07 its been my choice ever since I started detailing. I do caution, don't let the polish dry. If you will have a heck of a time removing it.
          Rupes 21 / Flex 3401 / G110v2 / GG3"
          Thoryamaha919 AKA Evan
          Click and Like my Facebook Page

Comment

Originally posted by thoryamaha919 View Post
            I have to say I like M07 its been my choice ever since I started detailing. I do caution, don't let the polish dry. If you will have a heck of a time removing it.
            Thats for sure. I remember a friend saying a while ago that he let M7 dry like a wax. Boy did he have a mess on his hands.
            Practice doesn't make perfect, the dedication to achieve perfection makes perfect. "Smack"
            2011 Jet Black 328i Touring
            2007 Jet Black 335i Sedan

Comment

1 coat is enough, do remember that Gold Class is a polish wax, so adding more and more coats of M07 may be wasteful. I do have M07 also, if used correctly and with patience, it is incredible. It just adds more depth to paint, and now i am using it on my cars. Both cars had panels repainted due to minor collision damage. Its all back to normal now, smooth and almost flawless. No waxing yet, so I just reapply M07 to the particular areas where the repaint was done.

I don't use it regularly though, it can be tricky at times to remove. But it's easy to reaquaint myself to M07, i just get more microfibers when they get too saturated with it.

Comment

Originally posted by thoryamaha919 View Post
                If you let M07 dry too long, I think an option is to reapply the M07 over the already dried M07 and it will be easier to remove. Maybe someone can correct me if I am wrong.

Comment

Its certainly worth a shot....

Though #7 doesnt usually dry completly. More like thin layers to remove at a time.
                  2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

It is an option, but it can still be removed without having to repply M07, just use the Mike Phillips technique. Take little bites, and don't remove it like you would a regular wax/sealant, do a first buff off then remove the remaining M07 in the 2nd buff off and with a separate microfiber towel

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');