• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gold Class Wax Dry Time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gold Class Wax Dry Time?

I washed, dried and waxed my car with Meguiar's products this weekend and wanted to know how long I should wait before I take the wax off. I have washed my car in the past but this is the first time I waxed. I used a MF pad to apply the wax and used a fresh MF pad to take off the wax (by hand).

I assume the temperature and other weather factors will play a part but I'm looking for a general duration...10 mins? 20 mins? 1 hour?

I used Gold class car wash and wax. I put the wax on by sections and wiped off the wax before moving onto the next section (i.e. hood, roof, trunk, driver side and passenger side). So I was only letting the wax sit for a couple mins before wiping it away.

Is waxing by section a good idea or should I wax the entire car first and then start wiping it off from the beginning?

Thanks guys
    2004 Nissan Maxima SE - Black
    2009 Audi A4 Quattro - Metallic Silver

Re: Gold Class Wax Dry Time?

No, with the Gold Class, you would do the entire car at once, then let it sit for 15 minutes or so, then remove in the order you put it on.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Thanks Murr. I'll be sure to do that the next time I wax.

BTW...since my Leafs are hitting the golf course in April again this year I'll be rooting for the Pens during the playoffs. Should be a great series vs the flyers!
      2004 Nissan Maxima SE - Black
      2009 Audi A4 Quattro - Metallic Silver

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
        No, with the Gold Class, you would do the entire car at once, then let it sit for 15 minutes or so, then remove in the order you put it on.
        Agreed. This is what I do with all my waxes with only one exception; Ultimate Liquid Wax.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');