• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice

This week my new truck was hit and ran and as a result I am getting a new side bed panel. Hopefully, the paint will match the sparkly paint on the rest of the truck. I noticed when I used the UWWA for the first time Sunday (before accident) that the hood and top felt a little gritty. I last clay barred in January. When I get the truck back next week, do I need to take any precautions? Should I plan to wash, clay, wax the entire truck or should I wash, Ultimate Poish, and wax? An other advice?

Re: Advice

The new paint you can wash/clay/clean if needed, but no wax for 60 days or so.

The rest you can wash, clay, clean, wax as usual.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Thanks for the help. I do dry the truck while using UQW as you suggested in the past. Would that be a problem on the new paint?

Comment

You would want to avoid the UQW on the new paint.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

you need to take away all the way on the panel, because:

dry is not the same as cured, it means your paint is dry, but it still is breathing some gasses, so thats why all tells you about not waxing before 60 days, and second you need to check on the meguiars site if the products are "paint job" safe, cause most of user products are not, i know m105 and m205 are safe for others i don't know.

you can always do a polish with m205 and take away all the wax you have on it

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');