• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New foam gun!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New foam gun!

For Christmas my wife got me a new foammaster I tried it this morning on my Accord for a trial run and I must say it was fun! it foamed up nice but the question I have is there a dilution that every one goes by?

I used gold class shampoo and conditioner, I guess each soap would be a little different.

Thanks.
    2008 Mazda CX-9 (WIFE'S)
    1995 Ford F150 XLT (MINE)
    1995 Honda Accord LX (TOTALED)
    1962 Lincoln Continental (SOLD)
    1965 Ford Mustang (NEW PROJECT)

Re: New foam gun!

Depends on the soap and also how much foam you want.

I usually put anywhere from 3-7 oz in the jar. More or less depending if I am doing several vehicles.

Just the other day the quick connects on mine fell apart, I need to order the parts if I ever plan on using it again.
    Nick
    Tucker's Detailing Services
    815-954-0773
    2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

This may sound stupid.. but with the foam gun, do you still need to use a wash mitt, after foaming the car? Just want to check haha.

Comment

yup....sprayin the vehicle with foam wouldn't remove dirt....still have to use a MF mitt or boars hair brush to gently wash the panels....
        I have the Griot's Garage foamer....though I haven't used it yet.
        "STRIFE" aka Phil
        2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe (IP/ aka White) the Toy
        2011 Subaru Impreza (SWP/ aka White) the DD
        2017 Subaru Forester (CWP/ aka White) Wifey's

Comment

Originally posted by Carolina08 View Post
          This may sound stupid.. but with the foam gun, do you still need to use a wash mitt, after foaming the car? Just want to check haha.
          LOL yea I used a wash mitt
          2008 Mazda CX-9 (WIFE'S)

Comment

Originally posted by Tuck91 View Post
            Depends on the soap and also how much foam you want.

I usually put anywhere from 3-7 oz in the jar. More or less depending if I am doing several vehicles.

Just the other day the quick connects on mine fell apart, I need to order the parts if I ever plan on using it again.
            So you put soap in the jar then top it off with water right? Sorry for the all the questions I'm a noob when it comes to this awesome foam gun!
            2008 Mazda CX-9 (WIFE'S)

Comment

Originally posted by Scott's 62 View Post
              For Christmas my wife got me a new foammaster I tried it this morning on my Accord for a trial run and I must say it was fun! it foamed up nice but the question I have is there a dilution that every one goes by?

I used gold class shampoo and conditioner, I guess each soap would be a little different.

Thanks.
              All of the Meguiars soaps (expect hyperwash) want 128:1 dilution. So I always aim for that to be coming out of the gun, or a hair over.

Basically, if you put 4 ounces of soap in the quart container, fill with water, and use the highest setting (biggest hole), you will come out right around there.

And then I use about 1qt container for a car.
              2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

So you put soap in the jar then top it off with water right? Sorry for the all the questions I'm a noob when it comes to this awesome foam gun!
                I tend to do soap near the end. Done want the whole container to be suds. Want it to be soapy water.

Questions are fine... Some people like it, some dont. Just up to you and if it fits what you like.

Be sure to get some extra quick connects for from the hose to the trigger. Dont want to be screwing it on and off all the time.

And have your rinse water bucket with a Grit Guard in it...
                2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

There are no stupid questions when it comes to learning Scott ask away.

Comment

Any car wash will do but as a tip I put the cheapest car wash that I could find to put in the foam gun.
                    I bought DuPont car wash at Big Lots for $2 and I add in a little Megs Wash & Wax or 62 to help it foam up better.

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
                      Be sure to get some extra quick connects for from the hose to the trigger. Dont want to be screwing it on and off all the time...
                      That's a good idea with the quick connects. I was taking it on and off to rinse the car off,a bit of a pain.
                      2008 Mazda CX-9 (WIFE'S)

Comment

Yes, always top your soap solution off with water.

I always left my quick connects on, never took them off. You can rinse with water whether they are on or off.

As for soaps, Super Soap foams nice. Shampoo Plus, NXT Generation Car Wash, & Gold Class are nice too.
                        Nick
                        Tucker's Detailing Services
                        815-954-0773
                        2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');