• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DA speed on Swirl X, Ultimate Polish and Ultimate Wax??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DA speed on Swirl X, Ultimate Polish and Ultimate Wax??

Ok, I know somewhere here someone probably answered my question but I could not find it so here it is. After many years of polishing and waxing by hand...I finally decided to use a DA...the Meguiars G110V2 to be exact and figured the following products would work best on my vehicle. I have a 1963 Chevy Impala with Dupont Clear Coat/Base Coat. I plan to clay bar the entire car like I have done in the past but am unsure what speed setting to use on the G110V2. I know that human factor will make a difference such as how long I hold the DA, How much pressure, amount of liquid compound,etc.... From what I have read so far...
    Swirl X---4-5 with w8207 Pad
    Ultimate Polish----2-3 with 9207 Pad
    Ultimate Wax-----2-3 with 9207 Pad

Is this correct. I looked in the Product, Pad and Speed settings for the G110 Dual Action Polisher forum but only found the recommend speed for Swirl X but not the utimate polish or wax. These are not considered Pure polish wax correct? Any advice, recommendation or tips would be greatly appreciated. I have read the DA Polisher Forum and it was are useful for a newbie like me. Thanks again

Your speed settings you mention are fine. Some people use the w8207 or whatever the number is (yellow polishing pad) with ultimate polish as well. The finishing pad would probably give you a slightly clearer finish. It's all up to you to see what works best. In my opinion, id wax on 2-3, polish 3-4, and compound 5-6
    Always searching for the best.... Keep it country!
    ---------
    SkiDoo Snowmobiles!

Comment

Re: DA speed on Swirl X, Ultimate Polish and Ultimate Wax??

Originally posted by 1sic63 View Post
      Ok, I know somewhere here someone probably answered my question but I could not find it so here it is. After many years of polishing and waxing by hand...I finally decided to use a DA...the Meguiars G110V2 to be exact and figured the following products would work best on my vehicle. I have a 1963 Chevy Impala with Dupont Clear Coat/Base Coat. I plan to clay bar the entire car like I have done in the past but am unsure what speed setting to use on the G110V2. I know that human factor will make a difference such as how long I hold the DA, How much pressure, amount of liquid compound,etc.... From what I have read so far...
      Swirl X---4-5 with w8207 Pad
      Ultimate Polish----2-3 with 9207 Pad
      Ultimate Wax-----2-3 with 9207 Pad

Is this correct. I looked in the Product, Pad and Speed settings for the G110 Dual Action Polisher forum but only found the recommend speed for Swirl X but not the utimate polish or wax. These are not considered Pure polish wax correct? Any advice, recommendation or tips would be greatly appreciated. I have read the DA Polisher Forum and it was are useful for a newbie like me. Thanks again
      My favorite car! post some pictures please.
      I run speed 5 for Ultimate Compound,,speed 5 for Ultimate Polish with Green or Blue LC pad. For Liquid wax I run speed 3 with Blue or white pad.

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');