• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ultimate Quick Detailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultimate Quick Detailer

I worked my butt off this weekend on my truck. I washed, dried, clayed, and waxed (I was too tired to polish). Now, it is windy and the truck to pretty dusty. I have researched the forums and found that you can use UQD on light dust inbetween washings. The question is what is light? In my case, should I wash the truck and use UQW?

Re: Ultimate Quick Detailer

If your truck has large amount of dust accumulated then it would be safer to wash it, especially that it just has been detailed so you need a gentle approach. Ultimate Wash & Wax would further boost your protection.

If however there's only light dust and it hasn't been driven then UQD with soft microfiber towels should be fine.

Either method can be followed by UQW.

Comment

I consider 1 day light.... after that, washing it.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Unfortunately there is no black & white answer to your question. You need to use your own discretion as to whether you think it's safe to QD.

My general rule is that if you're questioning whether or not it's too dirty, then it probably is and you should just do a conventional wash..
        Originally posted by Blueline
        I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');