• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many times a year do you do a car with 205 or UP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many times a year do you do a car with 205 or UP?

I was wondering how many times a year is normal to use a cleaner or a polish? Do you use them every time before waxing? In my case I wax every month or two; Three at the most. I have been using a mild polish about twice a year avg now.

Re: How many times a year do you do a car with 205 or UP?

I would say twice a year. In April or May the cars get the "full boat" wash,clay,polish,wax, then maintain with wash and spray wax and then October the "full boat" again.

http://www.meticulous-detail.com/
    "The Prep makes the Pop, not what's on Top"

Comment

Where are you in NYC?

http://www.meticulous-detail.com/
      "The Prep makes the Pop, not what's on Top"

Comment

I always use something, even if just a cleaner/wax before wax.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

It's not a bad idea to use a pre-wax cleaner before laying a protecting layer of wax/ sealant.

Products like Ultimate Polish or M205 Ultra Finishing Polish remove old wax, gently clean paint surface and restore gloss. They can be used with either yellow polishing or black/ beige finishing pads depending on paint needs.

Comment

UP and 205 are extremely mild by hand so if that is how you are working then i wouldnt worry too much about it.

Color x is also a great all-in-one product to use regularly before waxing, cleans well without really being too abrasive. I believe Murr is a big advocate of using color x when time is short and a full detail is not really required.

Comment

I was thinking a jug of M66 since I have a GG6 & GG3
              M66 = ColorX
              "STRIFE" aka Phil
              2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe (IP/ aka White) the Toy
              2011 Subaru Impreza (SWP/ aka White) the DD
              2017 Subaru Forester (CWP/ aka White) Wifey's

Comment

what happen if I use wax directly after washing in a car with very very fine swirls without use the polish before? Will I have a so bad result? I mean.. every time my coat of wax is away and I totally wash the car, if the paint is not 100% fine I can't apply the wax if not use a polish before?

Comment

Nothing wrong with waxing over swirls... the swirls will just still be there.

The only thing would be that the wash removes the loose dirt, more stubborn dirt would need the cleaner/polish type products to remove. You wouldnt want to wax over too much dirt.

So every so often a cleaner/polish would be wanted.
                  2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');