• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cat decided to sleep on my car!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cat decided to sleep on my car!

A cat decided to sleep on the bonnet of my car on the weekend, now I notice I have some fine scratches from the cat paws.

All I have is ultimate compound, so should I use UC but apply less pressure to remove the scratches? Apart from that the paint is near flawless.

Re: Cat decided to sleep on my car!

I had a similar situation, and I used UC and it worked great. I guess I used medium pressure, and it took the scratches out, but left the clear coat a tad hazy. A little ColorX and it came back to perfection. I HATE CATS.

Comment

UC will work. Just use a finishing pad for less cut and less pressure. When you are ready to step things up a notch, try some ultimate polish. UC will leave micro marring, as it is a compound, the UP will remove what is left behind.
      BMW ZSCCA Area Rep SoCal

Comment

Well, you've already got the UC, give it a shot. It's probably one of the best tools for the job.

My own experience has been that cat scratches tend to look worse than they actually are and usually come out reasonably easily (from paint that is, the ones on my arms take a while to go away).

I'm guessing that's because cat claws are much softer than the stuff that usually makes scratches (rocks, sand, grit, etc).

pc.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');