• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can't get NXT pad cleaned out, please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used warm to hot water and Fantastik APC on all my G100 pads, including the 9006 w/ NXT wax. I give them a good soaking of Fantastik on each pad and work it really good. I rinse each pad out w/ warm to hot water. If I'm still getting product out of my pads, I do the steps all over again. My 8006 pads come cleaner faster than my 9006, but I think that is b/c the #80 and #83 in the 8006 pads is thinner and dissolves faster w/ APC and hot water. The NXT is much thicker and if the pad is saturated, you will be there for awhile cleaning it out. Just keep at it, they will come really clean with a little more effort.
    2016 Focus ST

Comment

Originally posted by MotorcycleDetailing
      For my pads for my machine I let the product dry after running in over a terry towel to remove excess product then when I need to use it I scrunch it up and hit it a few times against my hand before adding it to the machine, spray a little quick detailer on it and the add the product that I am about to use.

The Quick detailer helps soften the old product and allows the new product time to cover the pads surface. I don't know if this is recomened or would stop the product from working properly (would appreciate a pro detailers opinion) but so far it works for me.
      I have read here on MOL that adding QD to your wax pad isn't good. It's OK to use with #80 or #83 since it's a cleaner/polish and will need to wiped off wet. Wax has to be able to set on the finish to get it's full effect, so adding QD to the pad before application will interrupt the products protection properties.
      2016 Focus ST

Comment

I've used APC on my 8006 w/ #80 & #83 as well as on my 9006's w/ NXT and #21. I have never had any issues w/ the backing being affected and the pads are completely clean when I'm through. I spray them down w/ APC, let them sit overnight, respray, ring out any product that's left, rinse, repeat as neccesary. I've never found a product that is as versatile as APC, hence the name ALL PURPOSE CLEANER!

When I need to reorder though I'm going to try the APC+ b/c it seems to foam a little bit less than regular APC. I use it to shampoo stains out of carpets on some of my dirtier interior jobs and the foam gets a little difficult to contain at times and hard to get all the APC/suds/foam out. That's what you have to be careful of when using the APC on your 8006/9006 pads is making sure you rinse them out well to get the APC residue all out.

Comment

Don’t know if this is an “approved Megiiar’s” method, but I have used this method to
          clean pads since getting my pc and pads last November. This works with all of the
          products I have (below) and really gets the pads clean.

ColorX - Deep Crystal 2 - Gold Class Wax - #80 - #83 - #21

When done for the day I place the pad in the kitchen sink and spray with water to
          saturate the pad.

Then squirt a little Dawn (½ ounce, I guess) on the face of the pad and use a Fingernail brush (available in every drugstore for less than $1.00) to scrub with a little bit of “passion” going over the entire face of the pad and in less than a minute and you will see the pad return back to it’s original color.

Now, just rinse the pad under running cold or warm water, squeezing it in half (like a taco) until all of the product and Dawn are removed and the pad only squeezes out clean water. Now squeeze until hardly any water comes out of the pad.

Find an area indoors that you can prop the pad standing up on a paper towel so that it can get air to all sides. Outdoors is not a good idea as these pads tend to act like a Frisbee with just a light wind.

The next day the pad is dry and ready to be used again right away or put in a plastic bag or any other dust free container until it is needed again.

I have not had any issues with the velcro or the actual pad itself and these pads have been cleaned many times over the past nine months using this method.

As stated above, maybe not an “approved Megiiar’s” method but it works for me and it sure is nice to start with a perfectly clean pad every time you are ready to start polishing.

Give it a try.
          2004 Toyota Tundra Limited V8 Dark Met. Green

Comment

Try some Castrol Super Clean. That stuff is strong full strength. 2-3 sprays, let it sit a little and they come out good as new! Watch your hands though, i heard it would burn if you left it too long.

I've also had success with any dishwashing liquid.

Regards,

Comment

Originally posted by lamyun
              Try some Castrol Super Clean. That stuff is strong full strength. 2-3 sprays, let it sit a little and they come out good as new! Watch your hands though, i heard it would burn if you left it too long.

I've also had success with any dishwashing liquid.

Regards,

Castrol Super Clean can possibly eat the foam if your not careful. It may not show right then, but over time it will start making the pads weaker. I use that stuff full strength to clean tires and road tar off the car. It doesn't stay on very long though.
              2016 Focus ST

Comment

Warm water with AJAX is all I use for my applicators, MF and terry towels. Soak them overnight in a bucket and voila!
                2 Wheels for Summer, 4 Wheels for Winter
                RXZ, NSR150SP, SV650, Galant ES 2.4, CBR400RR

Comment

I dont think this is just with pads also because my NXT foam applicator (after many tries) still has the NXT wax that Ive used on it. And I've only used it once.

Comment

I just let mine dry and beat the dust out of them next time I use them. I washed one with wet NTX in it one time, I never did get it all out.
                    Current Jeep: 2004 Jeep Liberty with stuff

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
                    Live on the edge... try something new, try NXT Tech Wax 2

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');