• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your favorite Wax for dark and silver cars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What is your favorite Wax for dark and silver cars?

UW is a bit too platic looking for me on black cars but when topped with Gold Class Carnauba Plus, it really rocks!
    Tedrow's Detailing
    845-642-1698
    Treat Yourself to that New Car Feeling

Comment

What about M16 on black?

Comment

Apparantly, my eye is not sophisticated enough to see a difference (I have a black vehicle and a silver vehicle) and have tried NXT 2 and #26; to me they both look great and both were very easy to apply/remove. Durability is not a huge concern as I follow every wash with the synthetic spray wax and I find that waxing every three months is all that I need. As a matter of fact, even at the end of three months, my finish looks great and still feels slick and beads water like crazy.

That said, I just ordered UW based on what I've read about the way it won't stain trim. Bottom line for me is that, in terms of gloss and look of the paint, Meguiar's is scoring 10 out of 10 with no room for improvement (to my eye). In the area of durability, I also rate 10 out of 10, atleast in conjunction with the synthetic spray wax (not to mention I like the spray wax after I wash to leave me with a spot free finish). My only motivation for trying something new is to improve the ease of application/removal. With regard to this characteristic, my only beef is the staining of trim (I am not that neat in my application and I am WAY to lazy to tape). So, if UW performs as well as NXT and #26, and does not stain trim, I have found my perfect wax!

Comment

I just picked up some gold class plus today so now my LSP collection is as follows:

GC+
          NXT 2.0 Liquid
          UW Paste
          M16

I have some experimenting to do.

Comment

It's a great start!

I have:

M16, M19, M26, M21, M20, NXT 2.0, GC, M66, Cleaner Wax, Do Do Juice Sampler I think I have others, can't remember at the moment....
            Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

I decided to do a bit of experimentation last week. I've previously used ULW and NXT2.0 on my car. Subjectively, I thought that NXT was a bit brighter, whereas ULW was deeper, but I wanted to do a side-by-side test. I also picked up a bottle of M26 just for fun. Started by washing the car, then claying. I decided to use my trunk as the test panel, so I polished it with UP prior to testing (also did a side-by-side with UP - no discernible difference, but my car has less than 3,000 miles on it).

Left - Ultimate Liquid Wax
              Middle - NXT2.0
              Right - NXT2.0 topped with M26

Tape removed...

Left - ULW
              Right - NXT2.0

Left - NXT2.0
              Right - NXT2.0 topped with M26

Yeah, not much different. You can just make out the tape line in those last two shots - there is definitely a difference between the waxed portions and the strip that was covered with tape, but I can't definitively say that one wax is better than another with my car's color. I've griped about application difficulty with ULW before; this comparison seals the deal for me. NXT is so much easier to work with, and looks just as good as ULW, so that will remain my sealant of choice. And I won't be bothering with the M26 - granted, I only gave the base coat of NXT about 15 minutes of cure time before applying M26, but even if I had waited a full twelve hours, I doubt that the results would have been earth-shattering.

Comment

For darker colored cars, HD POXY or D301 Finishing Wax. After prep work of course.

For lighter colors like white and silver, I like using M20 Polymer Sealant, M21, and Opti Seal. Even D301 looks on nice on lighter colored paint as well.

Heres what POXY looks like:

Opti Seal:

D301:

But what do the above all have in common?
                Nick
                Tucker's Detailing Services
                815-954-0773
                2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Originally posted by Marc08EX View Post
                  NXT 2.0 on light colored cars (more so on light metallics).
                  Ultimate Wax on dark colored cars.
                  Spot on IMHO
                  BMW ZSCCA Area Rep SoCal

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');