• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I use these two products together?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I use these two products together?

Greetings,

I am very new to detailing..... well, that's not entirely true. I am a experienced user that's never been shown the way.

Currently, I have The Mirror Glaze Show Car Glaze (#7) polish and the Next Generation Tech wax 2.0. Can I use these together? If so, what order do I use them in?

Thanks in advance!

Shandley!

Re: Can I use these two products together?

Yeah, you would use the pure polish first, then wax.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply! Let's say, for a moment, I did it the other way around but only on my hood. It looks like a whole bunch of smudge marks. I applied the tech wax again to see if it would help/hurt and it still looks smudgy. Any suggestions?

Comment

Well, could be applied a bit heavy, which would cause smudging. Nothing damaging though.

Also, the Nxt wax doesnt have much cleaning ability, so you might need to use something that will remove the previous products. Do you have any other products there?

It may be easiest to say what sort of thing you are working on, trying to do, and can get the products/process laid out for you.

Comment

I have a 2001 Monte Carlo SS, Back as night. That car has a LOT of body to wash. My poor car has not seen a proper wash in 2 years so I figured it was about time.

I used a high quality soap and washed the entire thing with a sheepskin (not actually sheep skin but you get the idea) glove and a cotton towel when that got too dirty.

I let it dry overnight, then took 'er out and used the tech wax. I used up 5 chamois because they kept getting too dirty. I figured I didn't wash it well enough but finished the wax anyways. She was lookin mighty fine when I was done but no where near the quality I wanted. Then I tried the #7 on the hood. I did apply it pretty heavy so it makes sense that too much would cause smudging.

Something is telling me that I should strip it down to the clear coat and start over, maybe introduce her to a clay bar kit.

Ultimately I was a super deep shine with no blemishes showing aside from the ones that hit the primer. I am willing to do pretty much anything that does not require a buffer or wet sanding. I currently have other Meguiars products but they are for rims, wheels, leather, ect.

Comment

Washing will just remove the loose dirt.

The clay and paint cleaner steps are what will remove the more bonded/stuck on dirt. And if your wax pads/cloths were still getting dirty, then sounds like there is still some stuck on dirt.

Looks at:
            1. Wash - Good soap, good mitts, towels, etc, 2 buckets.
            2. Clay - Smooth Surface Clay kit.
            3. Clean - SwirlX is a mild product to start with.
            4. Polish - Optional - This is where the #7 would be used if wanted.
            5. Wax - Nxt 2.0
            6. Wax - 2 thin coats are best

Comment

Since your car is 10 years old and has been neglected over the years, you should do the complete detailing as Murr suggested.

My car is 7 years old and well maintained by Meguiars products since it was new. I usex Ultimate Compound a few weeks ago and I was impressed with the results. Unless you want to buy multiple cleaners, I would go with UC.

After you washed the car, did you leave it outside or inside a garage? I would not let the car dry by itself. Also, it is best to do the Wash / Clay / Clean / Polish / Wax in the same day. The 2nd coat can be done the next day.

Comment

Thanks to both of you!

The car hasn't been neglected the whole time, just the past 2 years. The paint in and of itself is in pretty damn good condition for 10 years. The car has always been kept in a garage when not in use and hosed down if really dirty or after driving in our wonderfully salted roads in the winter.

After I washed it last night, I lightly towel dried it and I parked it in the garage. This morning, I cali dusted (basically feather dusted) it off and started my mix n match mentioned in my second post.

Comment

Has your car been clayed before? If not, you should try. You will be impressed with the results.

I, too, use California Duster often. This product helps me to reduce the washing frequency. After rain and if I don't drive on water, I can get by with UQD and UQW.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');