• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ultimate Detail - 09 Camry LE V6 - Aloe Green Metallic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultimate Detail - 09 Camry LE V6 - Aloe Green Metallic

Hello all...this is the final result of detailing my Aloe Green Camry. As this is the first "light" colored car I've ever owned, I knew I couldn't get that deep wet gloss look like you can on a dark paint color but I think I came as close as possible. I wanted to see how much "pop" I could get out of this cars paint so I decided to try Meguiar's new Ultimate Line and man was I surprised! Up until now I've been a big fan of NXT 2.0 and M07 but after reading alot of mainly positive posts here in the forums about UP and UW, thought I'd give them a try and share my experience and photos of the end result. This car hasn't been polished or waxed in over a year just treated to a wash with GC and maintained with UQD maybe twice a month. Overall the paint is in excellent condition but had a few defects from sitting out in the elements when I would drive it to work. I keep it in the garage at home. After all was said and done, I'm going to have to give the nod to both UW and UP as my new choice for polish/wax in the consumer line. I still may use NXT but I was blown away at how the UP/UW made my paint look! I am really amazed at how darker overall my paint looks and the level of gloss I achieved. The only way to really describe how this car looks without seeing it in person is to say it has the same look as really "polished" sterling silver. I know the Ultimate line has more polishing oils in it but man it is just incredible! I tried to get some shots to convey this but the photos just don't do it justice. I had read others experiences with UP/UW and have to say this stuff was VERY EASY to work with. I did not experience ANY of the problems other users reported..especially streaking. Of course this is a lighter colored car so that's probably not going to be very noticeable anyway. Same goes for swirls. I did notice several before I started when I examined the paint under the lights in the garage but some swirlX took care of that in the paint correction stage. I did not notice any swirls at all under lights in the garage or otherwise after I was through. I started out with a good clean, smooth surface. Proper surface prep really does make or break your detail. The trick here definitely is to use and apply small/thin amounts of product. When they say apply small/thin amounts in the directions...they MEAN IT! The UP went on and right back off of each panel with ease. I used UW Paste and just barely wet the pad before applying a VERY THIN coat to the entire car...almost as if there was nothing on the pad at all. That is definitely key here, atleast in my experience, to apply a "thin" coat. It may not look like enough of the product is actually going on but wait until it hazes and you can definitely see it is. A couple of spots I applied it too thick and you could definitely tell it but it wiped right off just like butter! I applied UW to the entire car and let it dry a good hour. Just to ensure coverage, I re-applied it again and waited another hour for it haze really well. The humidity was a tad high in my area really the main reason I let it dry so long before taking it off. Like I said, I'm really amazed at how it turned out. Anyway, just wanted to post my positive experience with UP/UW. I'm not an expert or professional detailer like most of you guys but have been detailing my own cars for over 25 years. I consider it my "therapy" after working all week to keep me sane! I know there's probably some things I could've done better so take a look and tell me what you think!

Here's my detail progression:

Wash -
    2 bucket, Twice with Gold Class Wash using Meguiar's MF Wash Mitt

Clay -
    Meguiar's Smooth Surface Clay Kit

Paint Correction -
    SwirlX

Polish -
    Meguiar's Ultimate Polish

Wax/LSP -
    2 thin coats Meguiar's Ultimate Paste Wax

Wheels -
    Meguiar's Deep Crystal Wash
    Meguiar's Clay (seperate small piece) on wheels
    Meguiar's Deep Crystal polish and Wax
    Meguiar's Hot Shine Tire Foam

Glass -
    Meguiar's clay (seperate small piece)
    RainX Glass Cleaner
    RainX Water Repellent

Exhaust -
    Turtle Wax Chrome Polish

**All Microfiber Towels for removing product and wipe downs**

Garage shots - Awesome reflections

Outside - was overcast at times -

Clouds on photo day - Ha!

Like I said just sharing my experience...didn't think I would be posting this until I saw how great it turned out or I would've taken some before shots!

Thanks for checking them out!
    09 Toyota Camry LE V6 - Aloe Green Metallic

Re: Ultimate Detail - 09 Camry LE V6 - Aloe Green Metallic

PHENOMENAL JOB!!! What are you talking about?? The reflections are very clear, deep, wet, glossy and crisp!!! The reflections speak for themselves!

How long did the whole process take you?
    2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

Thanks Marc! I really appreciate it! It took a good 12 hours...I was fighting high 90's and crazy humidity didn't help either.

Comment

Originally posted by 1holder1 View Post
        Thanks Marc! I really appreciate it! It took a good 12 hours...I was fighting high 90's and crazy humidity didn't help either.
        Wow just 12 hours for doing SwirlX, UP and 2 coat of UW??? That's fast for a mid sized sedan!

Seriously, you made the car look show car worthy. I think your results make your car look better than any brand new toyota camry you see in the dealer's lot. Once again, GREAT JOB!

Comment

Originally posted by Marc08EX View Post
          Wow just 12 hours for doing SwirlX, UP and 2 coat of UW??? That's fast for a mid sized sedan!

Seriously, you made the car look show car worthy. I think your results make your car look better than any brand new toyota camry you see in the dealer's lot. Once again, GREAT JOB!

I got started around 5:30am and finished up after 7:30pm or so..took the pics the next day...guess my math was a little off there lol! Man was I tired when I got through...still tired couple days later!

Thanks again for your compliments...getting them from professionals like yourself makes me think I must be doing something right!

Comment

Originally posted by 1holder1 View Post
            I got started around 5:30am and finished up after 7:30pm or so..took the pics the next day...guess my math was a little off there lol! Man was I tired when I got through...still tired couple days later!

Thanks again for your compliments...getting them from professionals like yourself makes me think I must be doing something right!
            Oh yeah detailing beats you up... I wish there was a way where our muscles won't be as sore the next day LOL!

Hahaha thanks for I'm no professional. I'm just an enthusiast like you. Still have a lot to learn from the pros around here.

Comment

Its just exercise....

Looks good, always a great color when cleaned up.
              2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
                Its just exercise....

Looks good, always a great color when cleaned up.
                Thanks Murr! Yep, ALOT of exercise..but the good kind! I made sure I parked it in the garage tonight so "mean Irene" doesn't beat her up...providing the garage is still standing tomorrow morning! Ahhh...gotta love Hurricane season!

Comment

Fantastic job! I love the color. I know they're called different names but its like a wintergreen. I really like it. UW is a great product. I can only imagine what your paint would look like with M16 on top

Oh, and detailing burns about 200-240 calories per hour so doing the math, you burned at least around 2800 cals so make sure to refuel!

Comment

Good job! Car looks great! Stay safe with Irene!

Comment

Where did you get those running lights and who put them on and was it difficult?

Comment

Car looks absolutely great, nice work. Love the color.

Comment

Thanks again guys for all the compliments! Hope this post helped someone else on the fence about using UW instead of NXT..especially on a color like mine. Of course to each his own...I say with everything you just have to try it and use what you like and works best for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Garage Troll View Post
                            Fantastic job! I love the color. I know they're called different names but its like a wintergreen. I really like it. UW is a great product. I can only imagine what your paint would look like with M16 on top

Oh, and detailing burns about 200-240 calories per hour so doing the math, you burned at least around 2800 cals so make sure to refuel!
                            Thanks for the compliment! Don't worry..several beers and alot of carbs were consumed shortly thereafter lol!

Originally posted by Ryansworld View Post
                            Good job! Car looks great! Stay safe with Irene!

Thanks I appreciate it! Came thru a-ok..just some minor landscaping damage..we got very lucky this time.

Originally posted by zbestwun2001 View Post
                            Where did you get those running lights and who put them on and was it difficult?
                            When you say running lights I'm assuming you mean the fogs? I bought them from a vendor thru Toyotanation, installed them myself..not too difficult at all.

Originally posted by ethereal45 View Post
                            Car looks absolutely great, nice work. Love the color.

Thanks for the compliment! Like I said, the UW really makes it look deeper/richer...really diggin UW right now!

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');