• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problem with Ultimate Quik Wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with Ultimate Quik Wax

We washed and waxed the Lexus 2 weeks ago using all Meguair's products. We cleaned the exterior today with Meguair's Quik Detail.

After doing this, I decided to put the Ultimate Quik Wax on. 1st time I have used this product. This caused issues. It was like the Quik Wax would leave light off white film on my Obsidian color 2011 Lexus Convertible. I sprayed Quik detail over this "film" and it came off.

Where did I go wrong? Is Meguair's Ultimate Wax not compatible with the Meguair's Ultimate detail?

Looking for answer's.

Thanks; I am not a professional. We have owned this 2011 Lexus IS C 250 for 2 months and I want it to look good. This Ultimate Wax has me scared of it now. LOL

Is the problem coming from the Ultimate Quik Wax or the Ultimate Wax? I'm confused... I'm assuming that the problem is coming from the UQW.

How many drying passes were you doing with the ultimate quik wax? The thin film residue you're talking about might be the wax residue from UQW. You need to make a final buffing pass after you apply the UQW to completely remove any remaining residue. Please let us know if this works out for you.
    2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

Re: Problem with Ultimate Quik Wax

We cleaned the car with Ultimate Quik Detailer first as we have done several times before. This time, we decided to apply the Ultimate Quik Wax. This left a residue we could not get off by buffing with our hands. We applied the Ultimate WQik wax 10 minutes after cleaning Car wirh Ultimate Quik Detailer.

This caused a white film we could not get off by hand buffing; We roved the white film with Ultimate Quik Detailer.

Comment

Are you using a clean & dry microfiber cloth such as the supreme shine towels....
        Also are you letting the product dry onto the paint before removing....UQW is the easiest wax to apply.
        Mist on a panel, spread it around evenly with a microfiber or applicator pad, wipe OFF with a SEPARATE dry microfiber......done

Also did you shake the UQW good prior to use?
        "STRIFE" aka Phil
        2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe (IP/ aka White) the Toy
        2011 Subaru Impreza (SWP/ aka White) the DD
        2017 Subaru Forester (CWP/ aka White) Wifey's

Comment

I use the same small MF towel to apply and remove UQW for the whole car.
          My car is silver so it is not a challenge to keep it nice and clean.

My friend has a black CL550 and he also use UQW the same way, no problem at all.

Comment

Originally posted by STRIFE View Post
            Are you using a clean & dry microfiber cloth such as the supreme shine towels....
            Also are you letting the product dry onto the paint before removing....UQW is the easiest wax to apply.
            Mist on a panel, spread it around evenly with a microfiber or applicator pad, wipe OFF with a SEPARATE dry microfiber......done

Also did you shake the UQW good prior to use?
            I did not let it dry but the instructions do not say to let it dry either. It says mist product onto one section at a time and quickly spread with a clean supreme shine Microfiber towel.. TURN to a clean,dry portion of towel for final wipe off.

I will try it again. I love Meguair's products as a novice in cleaning my exterior. I am learning and asking questions as needed. LOL

Is it okay to apply the Quik Wax after cleaning the car with Quik Detail? This is what I tried to do....

Comment

If I read everything correctly it just sounds like a little excess product that you missed. Ultimate Quik Wax is similar to a Quik detailer but it applies a little bit of wax. It is a mist and wipe product. Meaning that you spray on a little bit to a panel wipe it all over the panel and then wipe off the excess remaining on the paint. This film that is left over is the product itself. If the car is still clean enough just a light dust you can use the Quik detailer again and it should come off. I recommend doing this with a cool surface and not in the sunlight. Also you could wash the car and it should come off also. Hope this helps.
              Joel
              Firefighter/EMT-B
              Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
              "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
              '99 F-150

Comment

The instructions do say "turn," but the problem is that your MF towel can get saturated with UQW, making it impossible to fully remove the wax residue. That's why folks are suggesting that you use a second MF - doing so eliminates this issue.

I think the general consensus here is that you can use UQW after UQD, and also that you wouldn't want to use UQW without first using UQD or washing the car. I typically give my car a UQW wipedown immediately after washing, and use UQD in between washes if the car isn't too dirty. I usually do weekly maintenance washes and wax the car monthly, so hitting it up with UQW four or five times a month is more than enough to maintain the original coats of wax.

Comment

Thanks for all the help/advice.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');