• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spot repair turned ugly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spot repair turned ugly

I've wet sanded with 1000 a spot in my plastic Acura RSX bumper through the clear coat to the base I applied over a spot repair. I applied Ultimate Compound on a spot and some paint came off. I'm pretty much ready to re clear the entire bumper as I don't see how I can blend any fresh clear into the old.

The paint is good everywhere else, so I see no need to put anymore base coat on it. On the spot repair there are far more flakes in the metallic paint from me being inexperienced so I'll probably wet sand those out to blend the paint. Then scuff the remainder of the bumper, reclear, then UC, UP, and Wax?

What grit paper should I use over the entire bumper to prepare for a fresh spray of clear? I don't need to remove the whole layer of clear over the bumper do I?

Re: Spot repair turned ugly

from hwat i know, you should let it cure for about 90 days.....

Comment

You can use 800 grit sand paper to prepare the surface....Once sanded down clean with ISOP or the cleaner of your choice and spray...
      medium coats and a final wet coat......
      After that don't worry about any buffing for at least 30 days....
      Good luck with your project....!!

Comment

Be sure that you use a clear intended to for bumpers. It's made specifically with more flex agents to be able to flex with our cracking.
        Jim
        My Gallery

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');