• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

off road tires with gel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• off road tires with gel

I have off road tires on my truck which has a lug pattern going into the side wall, this makes in almost impossible to get endurance gel inbetween these lugs with a tire swipe foam app. or a standard foam wipe.....not much luck with a towel either. I ended up using a quick pass with tire shine around the lug pattern, than proceded with the gel. seems to blend together just fine, but if any one has a better segestion please let me know.
    2019 GMC Sierra
    1500 AT4

Hi 2000,

This product will do exactly what you want,

Hot Shine Aerosol

Smells good too!

Mike
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I ended up using a quick pass with tire shine around the lug pattern
      I should of said hot shine instead of tire shine, I just like the gel better because it seems to last longer, and isn't quite as shinny. I do like alittle shine on the tires, but just alittle. If nothing else, hopefully if someone else has this probelm and hasn't tried the combination of "hot shine" (got it right that time) and the gel it does work without wasting product.
      besides nothing matches that grape smell!
      2019 GMC Sierra
      1500 AT4

Comment

Maybe try a natural hair paint brush cut down to about 1" to 1.5" long with the gel

Just a thought

Comment

see.........thats why I asked. I never would of thought of that, but I bet it will work. I'm going to try it tonight and than post my results tomorrow
          thanks rpickett
          2019 GMC Sierra
          1500 AT4

Comment

Re: off road tires with gel

Originally posted by 2000
            I ended up using a quick pass with tire shine(Hot Shine) around the lug pattern, than proceded with the gel. seems to blend together just fine,
            Lately I've also been using this type of two step process, especially on textured sidewalls. I've always liked the idea of wiping off any excess, so this process seems to be working very well.
            FRANK CANNA
            Mirror Finish Detailing
            23rd Year 1986-2009

Comment

mirrorfinishman,
              gald to hear I'm not the only one doing it that way, doesnt make me feel so "wrong", ya know.

rpickett,
              tried the brush theory last night and it seemed to work great, now I will have to wait to drive it just to make sure this method doesn't cause any sling. I don't believe it will though. Now by problem is decieding which method I prefer.
              2019 GMC Sierra
              1500 AT4

Comment

Hi 2000,

While this product isn't necessarily intended for use on tires, it is a spray on formula which will work well for lugs on the sides of your tires. I have seen people posting on other forums that they are getting good results with it on exterior rubber and plastic trim.

You might give it a try and report back your results,

Suggested retail is around $5.00 a can. Just go to your local PBE store and if they don't stock it, ask them to order it for you, the part number is D-4610.

Mike
                Mike Phillips
                760-515-0444
                showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

cool,
                  I saw this in another post and was curious...will get some on my next order and post comparason with my other attempts. I did like the "gel brush" thing that rpickett came up with. might be one for the untapped detailer tool market.
                  If you make a million rpickett, remember us on this thread!
                  2019 GMC Sierra
                  1500 AT4

Comment

Maybe Meguiar's could make the tool and remember me from this post. I would love payment in the form of more Meguiar's goodies.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');