• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Black non-clearcoat help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black non-clearcoat help!

So I have a black lexus which doesnt have a clear coat. Now the paint is swirled to death, I tried scratch x 2.0 and it worked awesome but it would take me days to do the whole car perfectly. Now what steps should I use to have the perfect detail job.

Re: Black non-clearcoat help!

Yeah, working by hand to remove swirls on a whole car *****...

If you want to stay by hand, you can try Ultimate Compound. Still will be slow going though, maybe a little quicker.

Or looking for machine?

Do you know what cause the swirls? How have you been washing, etc it before? What tools, towels, etc? Dont want to casue the swirls again either...
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I have a machine just need to buy the right applicators. Its just years of not waxing the paint. After I get the swirls out I will keep on top of it.

Comment

What kind of machine is it?
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I have two WENS one is a polisher/sander and one is a random orbital.

Comment

#80 on single stage paint is amazing......of course even better with a D/A, and its easy to deal with.

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');