• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Using a wax over Meguiar's Synthetic Sealant 2.0 (#21)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Using a wax over Meguiar's Synthetic Sealant 2.0 (#21)

I use M26 over 21 on my metallic black.
    2018 Acura RLX Tech - Majestic Black Pearl

Comment

If you want a nice durable AIO Hybrid, look no further than M20, it is a blend of Polymers and waxes, and is pretty close to Ultimate Wax on durability. Very, very easy to use, has light cleaners, and gives a pretty good look.

Comment

Originally posted by k3ith View Post
        Megs does have some blends like you mention.
        I would like to know these, which ones?

Originally posted by k3ith View Post
        However, they are not the same, or similar really, to topping a sealant with a boutique wax like Dodo. Some believe in topping, some like the look of the sealant alone, and some use blends. It's really about what you like, how much time you want to spend, etc.
        OK, so I understand that you are saying that the 2 step process of using a sealant and a wax are better than using a single hybrid product. Fair enough. If I stick to the same Duragloss 105 sealant, which Meguiar's wax can be considered as a replacement for the Dodo Juice waxes that I use? I am not sure what do you mean by a boutique wax. I guess you are referring to Dodo Juice waxes being priced higher because they have nice fragrance, color and fancy packaging. I am not sure they are any better than an entry level carnuba based wax from any other brand. I started with Dodo waxes as I had to start somewhere. I just didn't know any better. I am now trying to find out which of Meg's waxes can give Dodo Juice a run for their money and I think it will be either M16 or Gold Class.

Comment

I love reading these because they are 100% subjective just like tire dressing...

what I like is gleaning the nuggets of info people drop along the way...

it makes me laugh at how geeky we are at times...

all in good fun!
          Christopher Brown | OCDCarCare Los Angeles - Auto Detailing Services & Training Courses
          OCDCarCare.com | FACEBOOK| Detailing Article Archive | INSTAGRAM
          2013 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team, 2015 SEMA Car Crazy Corral

Comment

I found that topping of my sealant (M21 at the time) offered better protection against bird bombs and other acidic contaminants. I got to this conclusion from parking my daily driver in a muni lot near Lake Michigan, home to literally thousands of gulls. The carnauba seemed to prevent paint damage better than M21 alone. Bear in mind that the damage is relative to what the gulls have been dining on. In my case, I topped M21 with M16. YMMV.
            Jim
            My Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by jfelbab View Post
              I found that topping of my sealant (M21 at the time) offered better protection against bird bombs and other acidic contaminants. I got to this conclusion from parking my daily driver in a muni lot near Lake Michigan, home to literally thousands of gulls. The carnauba seemed to prevent paint damage better than M21 alone. Bear in mind that the damage is relative to what the gulls have been dining on. In my case, I topped M21 with M16. YMMV.

wow you're a brave soul! I'd rather park a few blocks away or take the bus than have to wipe off that NASTY powerful uric acid daily!!

its a great test though...

how many droppings, if you had to estimate, hit the car daily.?
              Christopher Brown | OCDCarCare Los Angeles - Auto Detailing Services & Training Courses
              OCDCarCare.com | FACEBOOK| Detailing Article Archive | INSTAGRAM
              2013 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team, 2015 SEMA Car Crazy Corral

Comment

Originally posted by Christopher.Brown View Post
                wow you're a brave soul! I'd rather park a few blocks away or take the bus than have to wipe off that NASTY powerful uric acid daily!!

its a great test though...

how many droppings, if you had to estimate, hit the car daily.?
                I was at that location for about two years. The parking was included with the job and was about 50 feet from the building. Next closest parking was about 5 blocks away and really didn't get me out of the seagull zone. I had an older daily driver so I parked there. I would go and inspect the car 4 times a day. Hardly a day would go by without couple of bombs on the paint. I kept a bottle of QD and several microfibers in the car and wound up washing microfibers a couple times a week. I only had slight marring from this experience but virtually none after topping with M16. M16 was a nice carnauba and I'm down to my last two unopened tins. I still top with M16 ahead of the winter snow and salt season, but not during the rest of the year as I'm out of that area now. I looked at it as added protection, as a pure carnauba wax will layer over a sealant. So before the paint gets affected the contaminant needs to get through the carnauba and the sealant. I also was a big fan of M16's beading.
                Jim
                My Gallery

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');