• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm Now in Love With Quick Wheel Detailer!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm Now in Love With Quick Wheel Detailer!!!!!!

I'm putting together a full write up on an insane detail I did on a 2002 Chrysler with only 20k miles, which as been stored in the woods for the past 5 years! The new owner bought it from an estate, an old man had left behind a bunch of things on his property after his death, the next of kin didn't even know there was a car in the wooded area next to the house and the new owner, a client of mine, was the one to see a bit of white sticking out in all of the green. They literally had to use a machete and small chainsaw to cut through the foliage to get to car. Obviously the car was utterly destroyed.

These pictures are after the owner scrubbed the wheels with a scrub brush and an OTC degreaser followed by a toilet brush and a dedicated wheel cleaner (not Meguiars). We were having trouble with the hose so I couldn't use most of my wheel cleaners, so I had the bright idea of using Quik Wheel Detailer and some 0000 Steel Wool. The results were fantastic, I couldn't be more impressed. The pictures speak for themselves:

James - 1979 Oldsmobile Cutlass Calais
    Calais Auto Detailing
    CalaisDetails@aim.com
    www.calaisdetailing.com (under construction)

Re: I'm Now in Love With Quick Wheel Detailer!!!!!!

Sorry about the quality, I had to use my phone.
    Calais Auto Detailing
    CalaisDetails@aim.com

Comment

Better buy some more if you can find it then.... discontinued.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I would imagine the Glass Cleaner Concentrate would have worked just as well.
        Nick
        Tucker's Detailing Services
        815-954-0773
        2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Great results. It was a unsung product. it is a shame it was discontinued. Great work, can't wait for the rest of the write up.
          Last edited by J. A. Michaels; Dec 5, 2010, 04:19 PM. Reason: spelling
          quality creates its own demand

Comment

I have I believe 3-4 full cases of this stuff - it is hands down my favorite product to use after I do either a rinseless wash or QD wipe down on a car that isn't overly dirty.

If you have weeks and weeks of nasty brake dust you will likely still need a stronger product that requires a hose and a brush, but for regular maintenance this product is so incredibly quick, effective and easy to use for a simple wipe down of the wheels.

Comment

It is my favorite and most used product as well. Good luck finding it... I was at my local Big Lots about a year ago and bought the 6 bottles they had, but they are gone now. Online is the only option, and I'm almost out
              Matt

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Kleis View Post
                I have I believe 3-4 full cases of this stuff - it is hands down my favorite product to use after I do either a rinseless wash or QD wipe down on a car that isn't overly dirty.

If you have weeks and weeks of nasty brake dust you will likely still need a stronger product that requires a hose and a brush, but for regular maintenance this product is so incredibly quick, effective and easy to use for a simple wipe down of the wheels.
                I think these results say different Perhaps the use of a more aggressive brush/cloth when using the product and you can remove those weeks worth of break dust. As you can see I managed to remove the toughest final layer of what was years of brake dust accumulation.
                Calais Auto Detailing
                CalaisDetails@aim.com

Comment

Yes, but you used the QWD with steel wool.

I would think many products could have achieved the same result if used with steel wool.

Sorry no disrespect intended - the results are great. The steel wool didn't scratch the rims?
                  Originally posted by Blueline
                  I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

QWD is one of my favorite wheel detailers and I use it in volume. I have about a case in the locker. I absolutely love this product. It cleans well and leaves the wheels very slick. Brake dust just doesn't get a grip after using it. I note that it is still available on the Meg's web site. Is it really discontinued?
                    Jim
                    My Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by davey g-force View Post
                      Yes, but you used the QWD with steel wool.

I would think many products could have achieved the same result if used with steel wool.

Sorry no disrespect intended - the results are great. The steel wool didn't scratch the rims?
                      Its 0000 steel wool, very fine, plus they were chrome so scratching wasn't must of any issue. I figured that if strong degreasers and wheel cleaners, we know how aggressive non-Meguiars wheel cleaners can be at times, applied with scrub and toilet brushes couldn't cut it, it had to be the product (albeit with a somewhat aggressive media, steel wool).
                      Calais Auto Detailing
                      CalaisDetails@aim.com

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');