• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Black Car parked outside how to maintain if i go on long trips?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Black Car parked outside how to maintain if i go on long trips?

Originally posted by w0ngster View Post
    Thanks Mark,

I feel like a broken record here but im just trying to build a system as to how i would keep a regular maintenance schedule on my car. So what ive decided is just wiping it down with m135 every couple days.

My question is, if i do want to add in UQW should it be done along with the m135? Or add it once the car becomes difficult to wipe off easily w/ the m135? So if it is then i would be doing m135/uqw/m135?!
    The UQW should add a more substantial layer of protection than the UQD. The difference between how the products are used is that UQD(etailer) is meant for removing light dust, smudges, etc, while UQW(ax) is to be applied to a clean surface - like any wax would be.

I wouldn't go more than two days if you live in a dusty area between UQD applications. I would follow up with the UQW maybe once a week or after each full wash.

It's incredibly quick and easy to apply.

You can also buy both of those products in bulk (save money) now under the names of M135 (UQD) and D15601 (Synthetic X-press spray Wax).

Comment

Hard to say exactly... I'll use the APC to give a good cleaning, then dress. Then will QID as needed for a few weeks.

When it looks like my shine is gone, or just feeling like dressing it, esp in summer, I'll give a light APC wipe and re-dress.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Congrats on your new Audi!

For light dust - try using a California Duster just before using UQD/M135. If the California Duster does NOT remove much or any dust then I'd be careful when wiping down with UQD/M135 - the dust might be adhering to your car enough that a full wash is necessary.
        Andy W.
        Bimmers - '72 Tii, '74 Tii, '88 M3, '91 318is, & '01 330i
        Ford - '91 Ranger

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');