• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Detailing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Detailing

The things I allready have ArmorAll car wash concentrate,is this as good as any of the soaps.I don't see much mention of Armorall.

Super Clean is name All Wheel Cleaner (spray and rince formula) If I was to use this after I get some input Do I wash wheels first then use this ?

I have a bottle of Nu Finish car polish is this good. The once a year polish. Not that I would only use it once a year but is it good.

My car in new a few days old and feels smooth as glass. Do I just need to wash then dry then just put a sealant in place of wax. I don't think I need to do the clay bar thing inless it is a step I should take. Any help on the right way to go about this being car is brand new, Thanks

Re: Detailing

I would definitely clay the vehicle. It could have rail dust and other contaminants from transporting it to the dealer.. It is a necessary prep step in my opinion.
    quality creates its own demand

Comment

Listen to J.A. - clay it. You think it is smooth as glass but I am betting it will feel a lot different after clay. If you don't have a lot of time and since it's new, after claying it you can go straight to Gold Class Plus for a (sort of) combined polish, sealer and carnauba.
      "The Dude Abides"

Comment

Yeah, most new cars still need claying.

As for the products you listed, I would suggest slowly replacing them with Meguiars products when they run out...
        Originally posted by Blueline
        I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');