• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My D/A arrived!! And it ROCKS!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My D/A arrived!! And it ROCKS!

lol, well, my D/A and pads arrived today, my first piece of detailing machinenary, i was always the hammer and barehands kind of guy so this is totally a new world for me, and such a beautiful world it is!

So before i try it on my new merc, i decided to play with it on my audi and get a hang of it. The patient, a 14yrs old Black Audi my dad gave me as graduate present, that's 8 years ago. It's still with all original factory paint job and no rust,cracks but trust me, the paint is a really bad shape, scraches and swirls everywhere, but hey.. at least i never hit the postbox, angry lorries, tree, my neighbor's fence or ended up in a ditch. lol

To get a taste of how bad the paint was, here's a picture, you won't even need the sun or specialized lights to reveal the years of hard abuse:

It's a section of the boot lid i'll try to revive first.

Here's what i used,

G110v2 in gear five, W8207 foam pad, 4 passes of UC, then 2 passes of SwirlX. which took me around 30 minutes to finish HALF a boot lid. here's the result:

BEFORE wax

Some contrast?

As you can see, there are still some scratches left, maybe i should re-visit this section when i do the whole car tomorrow. But yay! as my first attempt, i must say it's alot easier than i expected, i thought i was doomed to polish the clearcoat away or leave a huge dent in my paint! LOL!

Re: My D/A arrived!! And it ROCKS!

Mmmmm, i love this lil machine pistol. I feel like im a boy again, This new toy is going to sleep near my pillow tonight and get lots of manly touches .. Mmmm my precious....

Comment

Originally posted by the_mighty_bucket View Post
      This new toy is going to sleep near my pillow tonight and get lots of manly touches .. Mmmm my precious....
      Wow...Just wow....hahaha!
      -HealthyCivic
      Check out the glossary

Comment

Mmmmm, i love this lil machine pistol. I feel like im a boy again, This new toy is going to sleep near my pillow tonight and get lots of manly touches .. Mmmm my precious....

Comment

LOL c'mon guys, that's just a joke, i'm not some machine-nut cases who sleep with powerdrills everyday. ha ha ha

Comment

It is a great tool. Enjoy it!
            quality creates its own demand

Comment

Holy pic re-size batman!

Anyways, nice job on the paint! It took me 3-5 tries before I got to the point where I was properly correcting when I got my DA.

Comment

Hi Bucket, pleased you like. A little to much by the sounds of it .

Its the best product I have purchased in a long while. Now get detailing bucket .

Comment

Oops sorry about the huge pics, thought it's just my lousy browser. I'll try resize .

Comment

Oops sorry about the huge pics, thought it's just my lousy browser. I'll try resize .
                    To yeild better results you might want to try and use M-105 on a W-7207Bfoam cutting pad finishing with M-205 on a W-8207B foam polishing pad. I recently did a black mustang with this combo and it turned out damn near next to flawless.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');