• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ultimate Quik Detailer Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ultimate Quik Detailer Question

Originally posted by cy2k View Post
    Thank you all for the advice. Got the clay and Gold Class Plus this morning. 4 hours and a sore back later, I have that Barrett Jackson shine and gloss I was looking for. The clay is simply amazing. This is without a doubt the finest any of my vehicles have ever looked after a wax job. Thanks again to all who offered advice to a newbie here.
    -Jake
    Better is a poor man who walks in his integrity than a rich man who is crooked in his ways. -Proverbs 28:6

Comment

Thank you all for the advice. Got the clay and Gold Class Plus this morning. 4 hours and a sore back later, I have that Barrett Jackson shine and gloss I was looking for. The clay is simply amazing. This is without a doubt the finest any of my vehicles have ever looked after a wax job. Thanks again to all who offered advice to a newbie here.

Glad it worked out so well for you. The people here are a great resource.
      http://www.facebook.com/SuperiorDetails
      http://www.superiordetails.time2detail.com/

Comment

is clay re-usable?

Comment

yes, until it becomes too contaminated. i usually buy a new clay kit after i've used one. but save the old clay for glass.
          2007 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab V6 SR5 - Black Sand Pearl

Comment

ok, got that! thanks sir music_man185!

Comment

Next questions: How often should I clay the new car? How often should I wax it with the Gold Class Plus? I did put 2 coats of wax on the front end (leading edge) of the car. I was shocked and amazed at how much crud the clay took off a BRAND NEW car. The metallic finish popped out bigtime. It was as if a totally different color after we finished.

Side note: The Predators lost in overtime to the Caps. I was pissed off and grumbling. We got to the car and I was still complaining about the game. My wife looked at her new car all shiny and said; "F&%k the game look how beautiful my car is! Did you thank those forum guys?" hehe thats exactly how it went....
              Regards
              CY2K

Comment

I was in the same position not exactly sure what to do on a brand new car, a 2010 Honda CRV (black). I did do the claying and then went with a coat of polish followed by 2 coats of NXT. The results were amazing. The claying was the trick!

Comment

Next questions: How often should I clay the new car? How often should I wax it with the Gold Class Plus? I did put 2 coats of wax on the front end (leading edge) of the car. I was shocked and amazed at how much crud the clay took off a BRAND NEW car. The metallic finish popped out bigtime. It was as if a totally different color after we finished.
                  this will depend on several factors. how well the car is maintained, the climate you live in, etc. you can feel your cars surface to tell if its time for claying. probably around 2 times a year (if that). waxing around every 3 to 4 months.
                  2007 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab V6 SR5 - Black Sand Pearl

Comment

Back from the FL trip. Thanks so much for the advice guys. My wife's car was glowing to the point that strangers were complimenting the car and it's finish everywhere we went. She wanted pics of her on the beach by the waves in Daytona, so we did. I insisted on finding a quarter spray wash the instant we crossed the intercoastal bridge and spraying the car off. Can I get away with another coat of wax before this TN winter or do I need to clay the car again?
                    Regards
                    CY2K

Comment

Dont usually need to clay every time. Dont even "have" to clay if it is needed.

But sliding your fingertips across the surface after washing to check for bumps should tell you. Can put fingers in a plastic bag to amplify the feeling.
                      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');