• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nxt Tech or Cleaner wax after clay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nxt Tech or Cleaner wax after clay?

Hi, I'm new into detailing. I've just got myself a 5 year old 350z, gunmetal grey colour and I want it to look as best as it possibly can. The car was well looked after so there is hardly any scratches or swirls. I've purchased the following products:

Nxt Generation Car Wash
    Nxt Generation Tech wax 2.0
    Smooth Surface Clay Kit (Clay, Cleaner Wax, Quick detailer and Gold Class Carnuba Plus wax sample)
    NXT Generation Insane Shine Tire Spray
    Gold Class Rich Leather Cleaner and Conditioner

I've only used the Nxt car wash and Nxt Tech wax so far. The car looks great though i still want to clay and wax in the next week or so. What would be the best way to wax after claying? Do I use the Cleaner wax that comes with the clay kit after claying or just stick to Nxt Tech. Or do I use the Cleaner wax just the one time and thereafter use Nxt Tech. Nxt Tech is going to be my regular wax which I will use every month or two. Would the Nxt Tech bond properly over the Cleaner wax or would it be best used on its own? I'm thinking of just sticking to only Nxt Tech for the body and using the Cleaner wax on the rims.

The car also has a layer of VPS paint protection film on the front bumper, front lights, a portion of the hood and on the side mirrors. I'm not going to wax or clay on this. So is just washing these parts sufficient or is there more that I can do for them?

Re: Nxt Tech or Cleaner wax after clay?

Use the cleaner wax after claying to remove remaining ingrained dirt, then the NXT Tech wax thereafter. You can use one after the other on the same day if you wish to finish with the NXT look, just leave at least 20 mins between each coat.

Comment

Meguiar's products are supposed to work together. I used to get **** about using M07 Show Car glaze first, topping it with NXT 2.0, and for the last layer using M26 Hi-tech Yellow. Traditional Sealants or even some other co products follow different proceedures but if your using Meg products there should not be an issue of layering.

As for waxing every month, I think what is going to dictate your regiment is how often the car is driven and if it is garaged outside as if the car is always garaged, never in the "elements" your waxing intervals can be stretched.

One thing I would recommend adding to your products is Meg's Ultimate Wash/Wax and Meg's Ultimate Quick Wax. Two very good products that really help out stretching your washing/waxing intervals.

Comment

I would go with the cleaner wax first.
        quality creates its own demand

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');