• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

best wax for quick car show shine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best wax for quick car show shine

im bringing my car to another show this sat and im only gonna have friday nite to get it ready. right now its clean enough to go to the show, but i was wondering if there is a good wax i could put on friday nite to add that little bit of shine to the paint?

last time i applied nxt and i thought it came out great but it took a while to dry. how do u guys feel about applying a quick coat of megs gold class?

Re: best wax for quick car show shine

You could wash/QD, and then use UQW.

Could do the same again at the show, or take UQD with you.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

If the car is already clean and ready to go, maybe give Ultimate Quik Wax a try.

It is super easy to use. Just spray on and wipe off, just like you would use a quick detailer (no need to let it dry and no white residue) and it leaves a really nice shine. You can even apply it while you are at the car show if you like.

Brian

Comment

My favorite pre-show prep is a thin pass of M07. Doesn't last pass the first rain or wash, but looks great.

Bill

Comment

Here is another vote for UQW.
          quality creates its own demand

Comment

Another vote for wiping down with UQD to remove dust and then a layer of UQW to increase the shine.
            Andy W.
            Bimmers - '72 Tii, '74 Tii, '88 M3, '91 318is, & '01 330i
            Ford - '91 Ranger

Comment

i always take uqd with me the day of the show and im constantly wiping it down during the day to get rid of the dust. i usually just wipe it down with UQD but should i also wipe it down with UQW afterwards?

Comment

Well, at least UQW the night before, assuming the car has a good base of wax on it.
                2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by quikz28 View Post
                  how do u guys feel about applying a quick coat of megs gold class?
                  To answer this question directly... I love gold class plus paste and it looks awesome. However, it seems to me to look better 24-48 hours after removal than it does 8 hours after. Just something to consider if your going to the show sat morn and waxing Friday night. In addition to speed, this may be why your getting all the spay wax recommendations.
                  "The Dude Abides"

Comment

Originally posted by k3ith View Post
                    To answer this question directly... I love gold class plus paste and it looks awesome. However, it seems to me to look better 24-48 hours after removal than it does 8 hours after. Just something to consider if your going to the show sat morn and waxing Friday night. In addition to speed, this may be why your getting all the spay wax recommendations.
                    ive never really noticed that cause usually it goes right underneath the cover once im done detailing it, maybe ill pay more attention to that next time to see if i notice a difference

Comment

So what did you decide on for tonight?
                      "The Dude Abides"

Comment

I love the new Ultimate Quik Wax - I was feeling under the weather but we were going to a huge car show in Ohio the next day. I washed and used UQW on my Honda which normally takes 2 coats of NXT to make it look nice and drove all the way to Ohio from WV. The car looked great when we got there and one of my friends asked what I had used differently on the car because it was the best it had looked. Told them I cheated on the detailing and used something new from Meguairs and they could not believe it. The judge called us first in the import trophy class and I have to admit that the car did look great. Thanks again Meguairs for giving us such a great product.

Cat

Comment

i ended up using one layer of megs gold class, id rather use the paste first then apply the quick wax during the show, cause it seems to me the paste hides a little bit of the lite swirls

Comment

Here you go. This is the "secret" of us "old guys" It worked in the "dark ages" and works now. http://www.meguiarsdirect.com/produc...T1=MEG+SHOW+16

Tom

Comment

Can you use #7 over wax or do you use it like a polish and wax over it???
                              My shop nightmare!!!
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rZnNaDCiH4
                              http://s259.photobucket.com/albums/h...ding%20issues/

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');