• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meguiars Interior detailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meguiars Interior detailer

I really love the way this stuff works. It gives the car a clean look and scent. Only thing that concerns me is that I use it on my leather and wonder if I should be using a leather cleaner instead. Yes it works great, but is it as gentle as a leather cleaner? My car is about one year old with a tan leather and I live in very hot Florida. Also, do I really need to use a conditioner on the leather?

Thanks

Re: Meguiars Interior detailer

I have leather seats, had the car 16 months now. NEVER have done anything to them, but my car sits in the garage all the time - don't drive it to work or anything, so I've done nothing to the leather so far.

But, like you, I am wondering just what to use. Looked at the leather wipes at Autozone today with Mequiar's name on them. Almost bought some.

I await, with you, advice of those who know more. But since they say "Mequiars" on them and also say "Leather wipes" ... I guess I need look no further, right?
    2005 Blaze Red Chrysler Crossfire Roadster

Comment

Re: Meguiars Interior detailer

QID is actually very mild for everything, so the question would be if you need better protection or deeper cleaning.

A proper dressing like Natural Shine will offer more moisturizing and protection for the vinyl, and a leather conditioner like the Gold Class Leather Cleaner/Conditioner will give more moisture/protection there.

The Leather Cleaner/Conditioner would offer more cleaning ability as well, esp if worked in some. Can also look at All Purpose Cleaner for a good general cleaner for leather and plastic, carpets, etc...

I wouldnt buy wipes... either the liquid or gel would be best for leather, and liquid or spray for the dressing.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');