• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ultimate Protectant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultimate Protectant

Tried the ultimate protectant over the weekend-what a great product. The interior of the car looks brand new

Re: Ultimate Protectant

Thanks for giving it a shot and glad to hear you like the results

What did you like about it ?
    Mike Pennington
    Director of Global Training, Events and Consumer Relations
    Meguiar's, Inc.
    800-854-8073
    mpennington@meguiars.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Pennington View Post
      Thanks for giving it a shot and glad to hear you like the results

What did you like about it ?
      Mike:
      I liked that a little goes along way
      I liked the results-still looks wet-almost makes my vinyl look like leather

Comment

Thanks for sharing !

Mike Pennington
        Meguiar's, Inc.
        800-854-8073
        mpennington@meguiars.com

Comment

Does ultimate protectant "clean" the surface like natural shine does? And can ultimate protectant be used outside of the car as well?
          Am i obsessed?? A car is the second biggest financial investment for most people, why not keep it looking better than new?

Comment

Originally posted by gmitch23 View Post
            Does ultimate protectant "clean" the surface like natural shine does?
            Since it is a totally different animal than NS, UP really likes to be used on a surface that is clean and will last the longest on a clean surface.

And can ultimate protectant be used outside of the car as well?
            Yes, since the exterior is where you will really see the benefits of UP. Again, make sure it is clean and free of "old" dressings before you apply it.
            Mike Pennington
            Meguiar's, Inc.
            800-854-8073
            mpennington@meguiars.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Pennington View Post
              Since it is a totally different animal than NS, UP really likes to be used on a surface that is clean and will last the longest on a clean surface.

Yes, since the exterior is where you will really see the benefits of UP. Again, make sure it is clean and free of "old" dressings before you apply it.
              So would you say to use NS followed by UP to achieve best results?
              Am i obsessed?? A car is the second biggest financial investment for most people, why not keep it looking better than new?

Comment

Hey Mike, can UP be used on convertible tops as well?
                2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

So would you say to use NS followed by UP to achieve best results?
                  No, probably not a good idea to use UP over NS.

If you need to clean the surface 1st, use the properly diluted interior cleaner for the surface you are working on, or even QID, then apply a thin coat of UP.

Originally posted by Marc08EX View Post
                  Hey Mike, can UP be used on convertible tops as well?
                  We have had some instances where UP has been applied to vinyl tops with good success. Just make sure and clean the top well with an APC, let it dry and put on a this thin coat and you should be ok !
                  Mike Pennington
                  Meguiar's, Inc.
                  800-854-8073
                  mpennington@meguiars.com

Comment

Ok thanks, hey Monk, after using UP on your dash, did it keep lint and dust away. I used some black magic on my dash and its just very shiny and linty lol.

Comment

Ok thanks, hey Monk, after using UP on your dash, did it keep lint and dust away. I used some black magic on my dash and its just very shiny and linty lol.
                      Nope-since I've put it on I haven't noticed lint attracted to the dash-but we'll see in a few days

Comment

Meguiar's Ultimate Protectant is one of the best products on the market today to protect and bring life back to plastic and vinyl surfaces. For interiors it does a great job but if you really want to see it at home use it on exterior plastics. Meguiar's Ultimate Protectant not only breaths life back into faded exterior plastics it also lasts as well through several washings and stands up to the summers sun.
                        BobbyG

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');