• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spray Wax...why isn't it a "normal" wax?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spray Wax...why isn't it a "normal" wax?

After doing some detailing today, I was thinking to myself, why isn't UQW an acceptable stand-alone wax method? Optimum has a spray wax that many people love, which leads back to the question I asked myself. In the consumer catalog, it says spray waxes will last about 3-4 weeks. Does it not bond the same way a "regular" wax does, therefore it won't last as long (weeks vs. months)? Is it just a formulation thing, perhaps?

I'm just curious as to a more in-depth explanation, if possible. It's one of those "curiosity killed the cat" days today, lol.

Re: Spray Wax...why isn't it a "normal" wax?

I would say that Meguiars is certainly marketing UQW closer to a stand alone wax than the previous spray waxes.

And it does seem to work better than past ones.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I have used it as a stand alone on some vehicles that are brand new or not contaminated. Then maintaining with UW&W and additional applications of M135 or UQW.

Works even better if the vehicle is maintained once or twice every two weeks.
      Nick
      Tucker's Detailing Services
      815-954-0773
      2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

That is what I got to thinking; it is more along the Optimum line of a spray wax it seems. The longevity isn't what Optimum says for theirs, but I'm wondering how a monthly application of UQW maintained with UQD would be...

Comment

I bet you could get away with UQW every 2 weeks for a long time if you really wanted/needed to.

Comment

I wonder the same. What's the difference between a liquid wax and a spray wax? Sorry if it's been asked before.

Comment

We offer all 3 versions (spray, liquid, paste) versions of a "LSP" due to the fact that people are looking for different features / benefits in a product. As a results, the formulations are slightly different, each having unique advantages or disadvantages (depending on how you look at it, and what you are like)

Could UQW be used as a LSP ona regular basis - Absolutely
              Mike Pennington
              Director of Global Training, Events and Consumer Relations
              Meguiar's, Inc.
              800-854-8073
              mpennington@meguiars.com

Comment

well, so are you saying that there would be some people who use wax with hand application will see that using UQW as a very easy process, just spray and wipe (A fast and easy process), while there would be car enthusiast who prefer liquid/paste wax, which is in our mind, protects better..

Somehow in my mind, the goal is the same.. A deep, wet-look shine, with water beading / hydrophobic feature..
                "Does it come in black?" Bruce Wayne / Batman Begins

Comment

Is UQW the only spray wax that is being called a stand alone wax then? I know regular Quik Wax and the NXT Quik Wax were never suggested to be used by themselves.

Comment

In other words, does UQW provide the same protection as traditional liquid/paste waxes such as Gold Class or NXT?
                    2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

Originally posted by Marc08EX View Post
                      In other words, does UQW provide the same protection as traditional liquid/paste waxes such as Gold Class or NXT?
                      If you are looking for the best gloss / protection, a liquid or paste should be applied.
                      Mike Pennington
                      Director of Global Training, Events and Consumer Relations
                      Meguiar's, Inc.
                      800-854-8073
                      mpennington@meguiars.com

Comment

Originally posted by Marc08EX View Post
                        I dont think so.

I cannot see UQW resisting really bad water spots or fighting off a bird etching.

But thats just my guess, the fine folks here at Meguiars might say otherwise.
                        Nick
                        Tucker's Detailing Services
                        815-954-0773
                        2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Mike and Nick,

I agree... I don't think that the spray wax gets enough time to bond to the paint to give the car the maximum gloss/protection possible.
                          2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

I know this is a Meguiar's site but since we're talking about spray waxes, I'd like to know if anyone here has tried Optimums Spray Wax and if so what do you think of it? I bought it and tested it but I'd like to hear anyone else's opinion / comments.
                            BobbyG

Comment

Originally posted by BobbyG View Post
                              I know this is a Meguiar's site but since we're talking about spray waxes, I'd like to know if anyone here has tried Optimums Spray Wax and if so what do you think of it? I bought it and tested it but I'd like to hear anyone else's opinion / comments.
                              Ah c'mon Bobby, aren't ya gonna tell us what you thought of OSW while we wait for others to chime in??
                              Barry

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');