• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hazing after cleaning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hazing after cleaning

Hello, I worked on our brand new 2010 GMC Terrain today for about 9 hours. I did the following

Hand Wash with NXT Wash
    Clay Bar entire car
    Swirl X
    Scratch X
    DC Polish
    Normal Gold Class Wax

After I wiped off the wax there are spots all over the car that looks like it still has wax on it. I am not sure why and it is very frustrating. If you guys have any advice that would help get rid of them that would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Hazing after cleaning

You may have applied the wax too thick and/or not allowed to dry completely.

You need to make sure you are only applying an extremely thin coat. YOu should eb able to see plenty of reflection in the paint even with the wax applied.

Also, perform the swipe test to ensure that the wax has dried sufficiently.
    Tedrow's Detailing
    845-642-1698
    Treat Yourself to that New Car Feeling

Comment

Originally posted by coopers23 View Post
      You may have applied the wax too thick and/or not allowed to dry completely.

You need to make sure you are only applying an extremely thin coat. YOu should eb able to see plenty of reflection in the paint even with the wax applied.

Also, perform the swipe test to ensure that the wax has dried sufficiently.
      I did all of that, the coat was thin enough that i could see myself and the swipe test on every panel showed it was ready to go. I am sort of confused as this has never happened to me before....

Comment

It really just sounds like the wax was a touch thicker in those areas maybe, and needed a bit longer to dry.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

It should be all good, I think OCD kicked in for a minute. It just took alot extra elbow grease and extremely annoying small circular motions to get them out.

Comment

Dont want to rub too hard and cause swirls... A little QD can help sometimes, or sometimes all are gone the next day anyway.
            2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

did you use the products in the order you listed? if so, scratchX (1.0 or 2.0) is stronger than swirlX and should be used before swirlX....that being said, did you use scratchX on the entire car? just wondering seeing it being a 2010 and all.

Comment

Good to here you have it all sorted

I have been using the original formula GC for nearly 10 years. I am happy to report I have never had an issue with it. For me, it's pretty easy to work with.

Comment

Originally posted by fzr confused View Post
                  did you use the products in the order you listed? if so, scratchX (1.0 or 2.0) is stronger than swirlX and should be used before swirlX....that being said, did you use scratchX on the entire car? just wondering seeing it being a 2010 and all.
                  I just did scratchx 2.0 on a few spots where there were deeper scratches and scuffs.

Comment

gotcha, i was kinda wondering why a brand new truck would need it all over .

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');