• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New to detailing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to detailing

So I got a couple questions. I have a 07 silverado, with grey interior, leather seats. On my console there is dirt from where my arm sits, im guessing from sweat/oil. The dash is kinda textured I guess and holds some dirt in between the little bumps. Im looking at the Meg apc, and aloha leather cleaner and conditioner. So here are my questions.

1. When using the apc diluted its 10:1 right? When applying it put it on a rag apply it, scrub with horse brush then wipe with a clean rag?
    2. Do I use the apc to do console, seats and dash/molding around door?
    3. Whats the process for using the cleaner conditioner?

Also I was reading about using steam to clean seats? any suggestions info on this? what kind of steemer to use etc. Thanks

Re: New to detailing

1. I tend to go around 8:1 or so. You can use a soft brush, terry cloth, MF, whatever you need. You will want to use a dressing or Quick Interior Detailer after.

2. Yeah, you can APC everything, except the clear plastic, navigation screens.

3. Well, its not Meguiars, but I would assume works similarly. Apply with a terry or MF after the APC, let sit for 10 minutes or so, then wipe off excess with a dry cloth.

4. Not sure about steam for leather.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

The leather cleaner and conditioner are meguiar, maybe I put the incorrect name.

Comment

Oh, you meant Aloe, not aloha.....

Comment

Correct, I went back and realized my mistake. When I use it on carpet, whats the best application

Comment

If you are referring to apc on carpet. Spray onto carpet. Agitate it with a brush. Then I use old, but clean terry towels to remove it. Then I follow it up with a shop vac to extract any thing left behind.
            quality creates its own demand

Comment

The aloe products are only for leather, not carpets.

For APC, if you dont have a shop vac, just make sure you dont soak the area too much, and use some clean dry towels to dab and press, etc to blot up the liquid.

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');