• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First test run with G100v2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: First test run with G100v2

Originally posted by FRS View Post
    Following this logic it appears that smaller pads/backing plates (3") would deliver more power/efficency then the 7" pads?!
    Yes, you would get more correction from a DA using a 3" backing plate and 4" pads than any of the combinations I listed, but then you get to the point of it taking FOREVER to do anything with such a small pad.

You can apply more pressure without stopping the rotational movement of the DA with a smaller pad. The larger the pad, the larger the contact patch and the easier it is to stop that rotational movment effectively killing a lot of the corrective power of the polisher.

Personally I use a 6" plate with 6.5" Lake Country CCS pads right now, but that's because I ahve so many of them. Once I kill these pads I will be moving to using a 5" plate with 5.5" pads.
    Shawn - Final Touch Auto Detail
    Houston Area Mobile Detailing
    www.FinalTouchAutoDetail.com

Comment

Hey guys, so today I had the chance to give this another shot and attempt to remove scratches and swirls by bumping the machine up to 5. Also add a hella more pressure (since Im a heavy guy =) ) by actually putting my body against it without making the pad stop. Unfortunately I wasn't able to accomplish want I was looking for. Although the outcome does improve the look of a body slightly by taking off light swirls off, but completely. None of the scratches that shown on the pictures, can't be felt with the nail.. my nails just glides by the paint.

Not sure where to go from here, I can't be that my pads are not the 2.0 versions.. could it? Are my pads washable? they have a bunch of baked on compound, their the W8006 AND W9006. When I decided to go all Meguiars products I felt I was doing my self a favor by relying on a name brand that knows its stuff. I really doubt thats Im doing something wrong, should I give a cutting pad (burgundy) a try?

Comment

Originally posted by David32 View Post
        Not sure where to go from here, I can't be that my pads are not the 2.0 versions.. could it? Are my pads washable? they have a bunch of baked on compound, their the W8006 AND W9006. When I decided to go all Meguiars products I felt I was doing my self a favor by relying on a name brand that knows its stuff. I really doubt thats Im doing something wrong, should I give a cutting pad (burgundy) a try?
        Yes the pads are washable by hand. Soft Buff 2.0 pads are machine washable. If your pads are as you say "have a bunch of baked on compound" they are pretty much useless until you clean them.

analogy: Have you ever tried filing with a file that was loaded with metal filings, it just doesn't cut.

You need to clean your pads along with cleaning them on the fly. They will not work hardly at all, if loaded with product.

If you want to figure out how much pressure to put on a pad, try using your bathroom scale. The polisher weighs ~5 lbs. Apply enough pressure to get the scale to read 15-20lbs.

No, you don't need to try a cutting pad.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');