• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

D108 Super Degreaser,questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D108 Super Degreaser,questions.

Is D108 strong enough to remove stains from concrete? On another brand's degreaser is claims it is strong enough to do so,so, I was just wondering.

If it was strong enough, could it be used with a power washer?

Re: D108 Super Degreaser,questions.

Originally posted by Jprix82 View Post
    Is D108 strong enough to remove stains from concrete? On another brand's degreaser is claims it is strong enough to do so,so, I was just wondering.

If it was strong enough, could it be used with a power washer?
    That's a tough question... Super Degreaser has a pH of 12.8 and when used with its heavy duty concentration of 4:1, it may be strong enough assuming the stain has not been on the cement for a great length of time ie. has set permanently.

If you attempt it, I would suggest doing a test spot in a hidden area first just to make sure that the SD does not stain the concrete itself. I would use the 4:1 mix, allow it to dwell for a minute or so then hit it with the pressure washer. If that does not do it, I would contact a cement supplier and see what they recommend. I know that using paint thinner, allowing it to dwell (you will have to place something like plastic wrap on top so that it does not evaporate) can draw oil etc out of concrete. But again, if the stain has set, you will need a specialized product.

Sorry, I wish I could have helped more...

Tim
    Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Thanks for the help TIm.

The D108 does not leave a white residue,correct?

Also, do you have to be careful while using D108? Does it stain paint,trim,ect?

Comment

Originally posted by Jprix82 View Post
        Thanks for the help TIm.

The D108 does not leave a white residue,correct?

Also, do you have to be careful while using D108? Does it stain paint,trim,ect?
        I am sure Tim would suggest to use caution when using Super Degreaser since it can stain paint when used at a stronger dilution.
        Nick
        Tucker's Detailing Services
        815-954-0773
        2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

I just cleaned out my painted concrete floor in my garage yesterday with D108.

I first poured about 2 gallons of water across the floor, and then splashed D108 on various places, a few ounces.

Anywhere the D108 landed it was 100% clean without even adding agitation from my push broom. Granted, my floor was relatively dirty... it's a light tan paint, so everything shows. It cut right through the spills etc.

Worked great!

Comment

Originally posted by Tuck91 View Post
            I am sure Tim would suggest to use caution when using Super Degreaser since it can stain paint when used at a stronger dilution.
            What about used at 10:1? Is there still a chance of staining?

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Kleis View Post
              I just cleaned out my painted concrete floor in my garage yesterday with D108.

I first poured about 2 gallons of water across the floor, and then splashed D108 on various places, a few ounces.

Anywhere the D108 landed it was 100% clean without even adding agitation from my push broom. Granted, my floor was relatively dirty... it's a light tan paint, so everything shows. It cut right through the spills etc.

Worked great!
              Very good to hear!

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');