• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for deep shine and wet look

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for deep shine and wet look

Hi
    I'm pretty new to meguiars, so I need some help.

I have used Autoglym for years and are pretty happy with the products and the finish, but lately I have started to search around for some new products, and I bought meguiars deep crystal step 1, 2 and 3. And I'm very happy with the result, but now I want moore......

I'm looking for the deep shine and wet look!!

I have a 1998 mod black BMW 528 touring(have some swirls and holo)
    2007 mod Honda CRV (nice paint)

What I have and want to use :
    Meguiars Quick Clay
    Dodo juice Blue Velvet Wax

What I want to buy
    Meguiars G220 DA

What I need help with
    What kind of polish do I need, I have read a lot of posts in here, but I'm confused, its a lot of products and I'm used to the step system (paint renewer, polish and gloss/wax)
    I know that it depends of the car and how much swirls
    So can someone setup a suggestion for me with meguiars products with pads that works with G220. I have heard a lot nice aboute Ultimate compound, M105, M205, #80, #83, but I dont know the difference.

Thanks

Martin

Re: Looking for deep shine and wet look

I would get either some ultimate compound or some m105 (both great products) and use a polishing pad and then follow that with some m205 and use a polishing pad after that and then finish it off with some nice wax ....if you don't need the UC or m105 on the other car start with the m205.

Comment

What types of paint do your cars have? Single Stage or Two Stage (base coat / clear coat)

Check out this thread from another Norwegian who did some amazing work on a current generation BMW 528 touring (wagon) ....

We encourage MOL members to show off their latest before & after results. We also welcome "Work in Progress" Threads. For Enthusiasts or Professional Detailers
      Andy W.
      Bimmers - '72 Tii, '74 Tii, '88 M3, '91 318is, & '01 330i
      Ford - '91 Ranger

Comment

Originally posted by fzr confused View Post
        I would get either some ultimate compound or some m105 (both great products) and use a polishing pad and then follow that with some m205 and use a polishing pad after that and then finish it off with some nice wax ....if you don't need the UC or m105 on the other car start with the m205.
        Thanks, but what is #80 and #83 compared to m105 and m205? Is it inbetween or something else that I don't need to use?

Originally posted by bmrfan View Post
        What types of paint do your cars have? Single Stage or Two Stage (base coat / clear coat)

Check out this thread from another Norwegian who did some amazing work on a current generation BMW 528 touring (wagon) ....

http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43056
        Thanks for the link. I think it's two stage, but I don't know.

And another question, if I buy a G220, can I use the Meguiars Cutting Pad W7207, or is this not for DA?

Comment

If you're looking for a deep shine and wet look - i've been wrong once in my life for a variety of things however i'm sure i'll be wrong again - very simple Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Wax - THE BEST AROUND i dont care what anyone says....this stuff is absolutely amazing.
          A champion is someone who gets up, even when he can't

Comment

Originally posted by mandresen View Post
            Thanks, but what is #80 and #83 compared to m105 and m205? Is it inbetween or something else that I don't need to use?

Thanks for the link. I think it's two stage, but I don't know.

And another question, if I buy a G220, can I use the Meguiars Cutting Pad W7207, or is this not for DA?

I am not sure about the pad, but would like to ask you as to where do you intend to buy G220?! I'm looking for the same DA.

Comment

Originally posted by coopstah View Post
              If you're looking for a deep shine and wet look - i've been wrong once in my life for a variety of things however i'm sure i'll be wrong again - very simple Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Wax - THE BEST AROUND i dont care what anyone says....this stuff is absolutely amazing.
              Thanks, I'll try that one, I have it on my shoppinglist.

Originally posted by FRS View Post
              I am not sure about the pad, but would like to ask you as to where do you intend to buy G220?! I'm looking for the same DA.

There you go. I have ordered some things from that web shop before and they are fast and have quick responce if you send them mail.

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');