• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meguiars Ultimate Compound questions ... Made a mess so far

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Meguiars Ultimate Compound questions ... Made a mess so far

My only other thought, besides ideas above, is the surface may be gunky and holding onto the product more.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

You will need much more than a dime for a 1' x 1' area. You should work the product over the area in question, and not let it dry at all. You should remove it while it is still wet. It will smear a bit initially, but turn to a dry side of your cloth and give it another buff to remove the last residue. Don't be afraid to use a fair bit of product. People often use too little product, or work too large an area. This link shows how to apply DACP with the dual action polisher. But UC should be worked in a similar method. http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/sho...&threadid=4382

Comment

Originally posted by thejazzguy View Post
        You will need much more than a dime for a 1' x 1' area. You should work the product over the area in question, and not let it dry at all. You should remove it while it is still wet. It will smear a bit initially, but turn to a dry side of your cloth and give it another buff to remove the last residue. Don't be afraid to use a fair bit of product. People often use too little product, or work too large an area. This link shows how to apply DACP with the dual action polisher. But UC should be worked in a similar method. http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/sho...&threadid=4382
        Wow ... thanks for posting this. I won't know until tomorrow, but this seems very well to be what I probably did wrong.

Comment

OK .... as I expected, the problem was NOT the Ultimate Compound, but was myself. I want to thank everyone for the great advice .... The problem was indeed surface contaminates. After Clay barring the surface, the product did work just like in the video. And work it did ! It is a fabulous product.

Now, I don't know anything about taking detail photos with lights or anything, but here is a couple of photos of the doors I did today. like an idiot, I forgot to take any "before" pics, but I will tomorrow and will post them in this thread.

Comment

Great stuff! I'm glad you got the results you were looking for.

Comment

Great job you did there. Cant say there were any scratches before.

Nice reflecition, you can see the GUM sticked to you entry

Nice job.

Ryan
              Ryan's Auto Detailing, S.A
              Mobile Auto Detailing Company.
              Dominican Republic.

Passion for Detailing, do it with love.

Comment

Nothing better than turning your car into a mirror. Now you'll have to explain to the better half why you get dressed in front of your car.

Colin
                A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Comment

Try taking it off with some wax. Apply the product, and if it doesn't come off with ease take it off with some wax. You'll want to wax the car after using the Ultimate Compound anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by JaguarXj6L View Post

Try taking it off with some wax. Apply the product, and if it doesn't come off with ease take it off with some wax. You'll want to wax the car after using the Ultimate Compound anyway.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');