• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

golf cart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golf cart

have a yamaha golf cart white plastic body not fiberglass.
    when new had a shiny finish like some sort of gel coat and was told not to clean with anything maybe only soft scrub. anyways its my inlaws and now seven years later its pretty dull, no shine left at all, either shiny, smooth gel coat wore off or they scrubbed it off with harsh cleansers. is there anyway to save it ?
    i was thing maybe that clear plastic product ?

Re: golf cart

Have you tried any products to bring back a shine? I'd try a test spot with Meg's Cleaner/Wax and see what that does. Most dull looking golf carts are just oxidized badly and can usually be brought back to pretty good life.
    Barry

Comment

no i haven't tried anything yet.
      i'll look into that, how does it apply? by hand or do i need a buffer?
      i don't own a buffer but could maybe borrow one.

Comment

also what is the actual name of what you are talking about?
        on the site there are to many waxes and cleaners and polishers to pick from.

thanks

Comment

Meguiar's Cleaner Wax. You'll find it in a maroon bottle at most any automotive store. Apply it with a foam round applicator pad by hand. Wipe off with micro fiber towel. If that doesn't do the job, you'll have to move up to a more agressive product. Let us know and we'll help there too. Meguiar's Ultimate Protectant will work wonders on your black vinyl/plastic parts. Also at auto stores.
          Barry

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');