• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ultimate Compound and Swirlx by orbital

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultimate Compound and Swirlx by orbital

Hi, I am 18 years old and I have a 2008 Chili Red Mini CooperS. I have been reading ferociously on how to best use UC and Swirlx by hand when I thought about using one of the cheap orbitals at Walmart. I figured that I can buy a 6" orbital there for about 20 bucks and then get some foam bonnets off of Amazon. How much success do you guys think I woould have?

The story behind the swirls I am dealing with is a car cover. Being ignorant when my parents bought me the car, I purchased a car cover to protect in in the winter. I did not realise that a car cover can pick up dirt and scratch the paint if thrown around on the ground and slid across the surface. FYI, the first time I waxed the car in the summer, I did not even know I had to wash it first LOL . Anyway, I have since been well educated on the proper methods of car care and now need to deal with the swirls. They are not that bad and I know how everyone loves pictures but my camera is broken. The best description is that they are everywhere in the sun but cannot be seen in the shade. They are very light and superficial.

I have also been thinking about getting a PC except I am trying to save as much money as possible right now and I do not want to spend 150-200 bucks for a small starter kit. Any feedback would be great. Thanks in advance!
    Tedrow's Detailing
    845-642-1698
    Treat Yourself to that New Car Feeling

Re: Ultimate Compound and Swirlx by orbital

Well, it wont hurt. Hard to say how much it will help, though people seem to report good results with the new products (SMAT) and the cheap polishers. The older products (DAT) didnt seem to work as well with the cheap polishers.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

You will get better results working in the Ultimate Compound and SwirlX by hand than using those $20 orbital buffers.
      Nick
      Tucker's Detailing Services
      815-954-0773
      2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Originally posted by Tuck91 View Post
        You will get better results working in the Ultimate Compound and SwirlX by hand than using those $20 orbital buffers.
        I tend to agree with this. I think you should be able to generate mor "passion" by hand then with the $20.00 orbital.
        quality creates its own demand

Comment

Thanks guys. I guess I will be doing my detailing by hand.
          Tedrow's Detailing
          845-642-1698
          Treat Yourself to that New Car Feeling

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');