• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Little Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Little Help

can i hear a few opinions on members that have used Megs05 and Megs07 with a PC and give me some feed back ...Im working on my 2nd car a 1991 Honda Civic light blue in color ...thanks MOL

Re: A Little Help

I do #7 in a small area at one time; say one panel. This prevents it from drying. It's difficult to remove when dry.

I apply #5 like a wax, letting it dry to a haze and then wiping it off; again one panel at a time. It is very easy to remove.

The power application will tend to make #7 difficult to remove if you over work it to the point where it gets tacky.

#5 wipes off after hazing extremely easily.

I personally wouldn't bother with power. You don't need power to rub it into the paint. Power will have you constantly juggling the buffer and a removal towel. It's also labor and time intensive with #5 as well.

Product on a foam applicator in one hand and a clean MF towel in the other for quick removal works best for me. Just too much time wasted with a DA.

You'll have to make that decision yourself. I just think a DA's a waste of time and not necessary. If your finish is prepared well enough to warrant either product, then a manual application is all that's necessary.
    "If we knew what we were doing, it wouldn't be called research would it? (Albert Einstein 1879-1955)
    BOB

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');