• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Little Green Machine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little Green Machine

I was wondering if I could use a purple power solution instead of the bissell formula that comes with this machine. I have been using this formula and its pretty good but also expensive. It would be a lot cheaper to get a gallon size of purple power and then dilute to 10:1 and use it in the machine. Thanks for any feed back

Re: Little Green Machine

Originally posted by Newguy View Post
    I was wondering if I could use a purple power solution instead of the bissell formula that comes with this machine. I have been using this formula and its pretty good but also expensive. It would be a lot cheaper to get a gallon size of purple power and then dilute to 10:1 and use it in the machine. Thanks for any feed back
    Don't have a clue if Bissell products are formulated specifically for the machine, I'd tend to doubt it.

I got tired of mixing and then flushing the machine after each use. I now apply either pre-mixed APC+ or Folex on the tough spots directly with a spray bottle and agitate with a brush. I also sometimes use an OTC foaming high-traffic cleaner. I use the LGM exclusively for extraction and only fill it with hot water. No muss-no fuss cleanup and I'm getting better results than using the machine strictly as designed.

Whatever you use I'd recommend a test spot in an inconspicuous location just in case.

Your mileage may vary... TL

Comment

Which LGM do you have, is it the 1425 with pro heat?

I have used the purple power with this machine a couple times but, after I soaked it down with the LGM (did also have the bissle formula in as well)I sprayed the purple power on the whole carpet and twice in the bad spots and scrubed before using my pressure washer before using the LGM to extract it a couple times.

Came out pretty good (yes it was bad, did do a write-up on one of them with pics, some time ago) I always mix purple power 50/50 for anything I use it for.
      ''USE THE LEAST AGGRESSIVE PRODUCT TO GET THE JOB DONE RIGHT''
      You Don't Know What You Can Do Until You Try '' TECHNIQUE IS EVERYTHING''
      Test Hoods Are Cheap And Most Of The Time Free

Comment

I do not have the LGM, but I do use a different model Bissel that I have. I stopped using the Bissel brand cleaner because it smelled horrible, to me anyway! So, I started using APC+. Not only does the orangy scent smell much more pleasant, but it works much better. I had no problems and have used it this way a few times now.
        There's no reason to become alarmed, and we hope you'll enjoy the rest of your flight. By the way, is there anyone on board who knows how to fly a plane?

Comment

I havent used my LGM yet, but with other carpet shampoo'ers I have used Resolve with great results. When i shampoo my carpet in my living room I use a diluted Tide solution. Works great and I already have the soap in the house.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');