• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

got a few questions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• got a few questions...

So my 2008 copper SX4 was rear ended like 2.5 weeks ago. My back bumper is destroyed!! its goin to the shop on monday to be fixed. The estimated wait time is three days

1) When they repait the bumper will there be a super slight difference in color. Is it honestly possible to match the factory paint? and will a new bumper being sprayed cause me problems down the road? ie. clear coat probs and stuff???

2) Can hyper dressing be used inside a car??

3) And i have scratches on the plastic in the hatch area from suit cases. Whats the best way to help "MASK" not "Fix" these??

Thanks so much

Re: got a few questions...

1. Should be good with a car that new. My bumper was also resprayed in an area, and cant tell anything. It should be warrantied for a year or two. From what I was told, if it gets through the first heat/cold, it should be fine.

2. Yeah.

3. Do you mean like the textured vinyl around the sides? All you can really do is dress them, and hope it hides them enough. Anything that removes the scratch could remove the texture, making the spot just as visible.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Hey sx4dude

Have a buddy that had a new car that maybe was a year old and his wife backed into something.

The dealer fixed and did a repaint and it looked alright I quess but if/when you looked at the paint like a detailer does, yes you are going to be able to see some difference.

It's also got alot to do with the quality of the shop doing the repaint too! Hope your's turns out good.

As for problems down the road, same holds true to the body shop doing the work! It might be sprayed very lightly, just enough to look good to get it out the door. (we are talking production work here)enough for the shop to move on to the next vehicle. (It's an insurance job and 90% of people aren't going to be like us car care freaks, that actually care about their vehicles and their appearance)

When you do go pick it up, before you sign anything check it out at different angles and in direct sunlight if possible and also do you have a brinkmann light?
      ''USE THE LEAST AGGRESSIVE PRODUCT TO GET THE JOB DONE RIGHT''
      You Don't Know What You Can Do Until You Try '' TECHNIQUE IS EVERYTHING''
      Test Hoods Are Cheap And Most Of The Time Free

Comment

Years ago matching paint used to be an art but today it's more of a science. Professional shops with today's paint formulation equipment can tint and match just about any color. One huge advantage you have is your car is virtually new. You won't have any problems.
        BobbyG

Comment

If the shop does it right, you should be ok on the color match. We just picked our CRV up from the body shop yesterday and the color match was perfect from what I have been able to see so far.

They will usually spray the adjacent panels so that the color blends and visually you shouldn't be able to tell where the new paint and old meet.

Comment

hey. i dont have a brinkman light but i will look @ in the sunlight. I think i will be ok. we will see... I should have it back by wednesday!
            KEEP UR FINGERS CROSSED!!!

Comment

with your car being relatively new. I think you should be alright. Good Luck.
              quality creates its own demand

Comment

I agree with all others and yes, Hyper Dressing can be used inside. I actually add a little APC (Green, at 1oz per 32oz of HD) to help with cleaning. Works and smells well on the inside.

Cleans and protects in one step.
                www.clean4udetailing.com

Comment

I've not really looked but I'll mention if the rear bumper is plastic the paint never perfectly matches the painted metal portions of the vehicle (there is never blend time added in on a plastic bumper for this reason). Metal and plastic dry at different rates so the paint cures differently. With that said, you really are not going to notice the difference... just like you won't see a difference in color from OEM and repaint.

I use HD on the interior all of the time! I like shiny and even 3:1 is a bit shiny for me.

Comment

Originally posted by J. A. Michaels View Post
                    with your car being relatively new. I think you should be alright. Good Luck.
                    Shouldn't be much of a difference.

Andy
                    Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
                    Andy M. Moderator

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');