• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

26/NXT 2.0 vs. NXT 2.0/26

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 26/NXT 2.0 vs. NXT 2.0/26

It seems the popular thinking is to first apply two thin, cured coats of NXT 2.0 and then, if desired, follow it up with 26 or another fine brand of carnauba. Has anyone tried the NXT 2.0 over a couple coats of 26, and if so, how would you compare the relative results of both strategies? I'm not interested in the obvious longevity factor; just mainly gloss, depth and clarity.

Let's try to stay friendly and on topic. I'm not interested in why, or why not, you vehemently belong to either the pro topping or anti topping camp.
    "If we knew what we were doing, it wouldn't be called research would it? (Albert Einstein 1879-1955)
    BOB

Re: 26/NXT 2.0 vs. NXT 2.0/26

I could be mistaken, but I believe nxt has cleaners and #26 does not. If that is the case then topping 26 with nxt would not be a good idea since the cleaners will drastically reduce if not remove the #26. If you layered the opposite way then the cleaning agents will in a way prep the paint for the #26 allowing the fillers and nuba to do its thing.

Comment

Originally posted by StadiumDetail View Post
      I could be mistaken, but I believe nxt has cleaners and #26 does not. If that is the case then topping 26 with nxt would not be a good idea since the cleaners will drastically reduce if not remove the #26. If you layered the opposite way then the cleaning agents will in a way prep the paint for the #26 allowing the fillers and nuba to do its thing.
      Your point is well taken and I'd thought of that. So, does this preclude quick detailing a carnauba? 34 maybe? I'd also pose the same for using Ultimate Quik Wax?
      "If we knew what we were doing, it wouldn't be called research would it? (Albert Einstein 1879-1955)
      BOB

Comment

Originally posted by RGP View Post
        Your point is well taken and I'd thought of that. So, does this preclude quick detailing a carnauba? 34 maybe? I'd also pose the same for using Ultimate Quik Wax?
        from my experience once a wax has "cured" to the paint, a simple spray and wipe product will not harm the protection. If you were to quick detail, or possibly even spray wax it immediately after application you will probably notice the fillers in the 26 being removed. After a few hours when the wax has bonded to the paint there will be no change after the spray product.

If it were me I would clay, isoprophyl alcohol wipe the car (just to be sure it's clean, probably an unnessary step), NXT, 26, leave overnight. Afterwards quick detail or spray wax as often as desired.

Comment

^ +1

I clay+clean+glaze, then NXT2 to seal and protect. The next day, a quick UQD then second NXT-2.0 (and 1 hour cure), then #26 on top. I put the #26 on top because I believe Carnubas give a deeper/warmer finish on my red cars. Ignoring the mild NXT cleaners, if you put NXT ontop of #26 I find the final result to be more sealant-like, with its glassy reflection rather than the slightly warner/deeper carnuba finish. In the end, probably mostly in the eye of the beholder.

Note that the above is my spring/summer/fall routine. During the winter, with less washes (due to freezing weather) and needing mazimum protection, I just do NXT-2.0 sealant coats. I want the NXT sealant durability, bonded to the finish as much as possible.

As per the previous post, I dont believe UQD/UQW remove any wax, they just booster it.
          2010 XRS

Comment

I topped many coats of NXT 2.0 with 3 coats of cured P21S and the resulting depth is absolutely breathtaking on my clear coat non metallic pure red.
            BOB

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');