• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

couple of ???'ss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• couple of ???'ss

Hi Gang
    I've been away a while . I've aquired a miata in crystal blue metallic . I just got done washing with deep crystal ,claying then i polished with 82 and finished with NXT 2.0. Is there another polish or wax that might work any better? Ths color isnt really that dark.

#2I'm using a dual action 6in plosher from sears. So far so good. My real ??? is.. I can modify this polisher to accept the Meguiars pads in the future. Will i see any benefit moving up to foam versus microfiber bonnets. I realize my machine isnt as strong as the G100 but its what i can afford right now.

hers a pic of the wife hamming it up for you to get an idea of the color i'm working with

Re: couple of ???'ss

Are you sure it's a dual action... not an orbital buffer?

When you say "work better", what do you mean? Look better, last longer, etc.

Comment

Does your machine looks like this?

Or does it look more like this?

Comment

the small grey one. 2nd in line

as far as work better / get more depth or shine out of it. I usually wash the car weekly and it seems like i'm getting about a month out of NXT. This car sits in a parking lot with no cover all day long. So it takes a beating. I'm sure i might be using the wrong terms so please bare with me. I'm just trying to improve my results.

Thanks
        Jeff

Comment

as far as work better I've heard some waxes give better results with darker or lighter colors

Comment

Originally posted by f86sabjf View Post
            as far as work better I've heard some waxes give better results with darker or lighter colors
            Actually if a wax makes a dark colored paint look great it does the same for the lighter colored paint, it's just that your eye's can see a bigger difference in the darker paint.
            ''USE THE LEAST AGGRESSIVE PRODUCT TO GET THE JOB DONE RIGHT''
            You Don't Know What You Can Do Until You Try '' TECHNIQUE IS EVERYTHING''
            Test Hoods Are Cheap And Most Of The Time Free

Comment

I belive your orbital is achieving the best it can. I see really no point in trying to modify it to accept Meguiars pads. In many cases, the orbital does not have enough power to correct swirls or defects.

Your machine is basically apply/remove wax, only.
              quality creates its own demand

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');