• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ultimate Wipe Detailing Cloth vs Supreme Shine Towel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultimate Wipe Detailing Cloth vs Supreme Shine Towel?

So what's the difference between these 2 MF towels? Where in the detailing process would you use one over the other, or are they interchangeable? How do some of you use them?
    2011 Infiniti G37S 6MT
    Black Obsidian

Re: Ultimate Wipe Detailing Cloth vs Supreme Shine Towel?

I like to use Supreme Shines for removing lots of excess product, like cleaners, polishes, wax, etc.

And then Ultimate Wipes for final wiping, QDing, UQWing, etc.

But I know some people find the Ultimate Wipes good for product removal also. I dont have too many of the UW, so I kind of have to save them for the end, at least for now.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I basically use my microfibers the same way. Ultimate Wipes for the final wipedown, SS for most everything else.
      quality creates its own demand

Comment

I really like the Ultimate Wipes for the removal of wax. It's a great towel, unlike any other microfiber towel I've come across. I remember someone once explained what makes the UW so different, but I cannot find that post now.
        Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
        --Al Kimel

Comment

Thanks for the responses! I posted the same question on autogeek and some said that UW has more cut to it and is easier to remove excess product. That person uses the SS for QDing and QWing. I guess its just what each person prefers. Thanks, I'll have to order some myself and see how I'd like to use them.
          2011 Infiniti G37S 6MT
          Black Obsidian

Comment

Originally posted by akimel View Post
            I really like the Ultimate Wipes for the removal of wax. It's a great towel, unlike any other microfiber towel I've come across. I remember someone once explained what makes the UW so different, but I cannot find that post now.
            Well this isnt what you are talking about but its a test against a few different MF's and how they performed.

Alan T.

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');